Gotrax gxl

Gompka

Gotrax gxl

Postby Gompka Wed May 15, 2019 7:03 pm

Hello, with the gotrax gxl gaining steam in popularity I was wondering if there was any interest here to discuss it in the forum. I have one that I have been using for about a week and it is a pretty good package. I have taken it apart and am posting the information here.

The pictures are of the esc and the led and its driver board. There is a screen on this scooter, but I did not take it apart because everything is sealed in and it looks like there is only a display there and nothing else.

The led looks to be a 1 watt unit and it is pretty bright and very useable at night.

The battery has 5 pins at the top and 3 pins at the bottom, Pin #1 is ground, Pin#2 is Positive, the next 3 pins are connected with the pins at the bottom of the battery and they seem to be the 3 phase wires going to the BLDC motor.

This scooter does support regen braking and there is a microswitch in the brake lever. There is no app for this scooter, and unless there is a bluetooth module attached to the units screen I have not seen a bluetooth module on the unit. I am not yet sure how to remove the lcd screen, will take pictures once i figure it out.

mustnap

Re: Gotrax gxl

Postby mustnap Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:27 am

Thank you for the post. I am interested in taking this apart, i got handed over a Gotrax GXL 1st gen, which the owner said, suddenly stopped working while he was riding it. Batter looks good still, so not sure why it stopped working when someone was riding it. The throttle level did not work.

What's the best way in your opinion for me to inspect what could be the issue? Need a multimeter? Where do i start?
heima

Postby heima Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:20 pm

Thanks for doing this. I just got a Gotrax GXL V2, and it seems that there is very little, if any, regen braking. In fact, pulling on the brake lever, I do not hear a microswitch clicking. I can see wires in there though. Is there a microswitch, or possibly a hall effect sensor? I drive an electric car, so I know about regen, but this scooter seems to be lacking it.
Mynakedrat

Postby Mynakedrat Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:55 pm

Welp, after about 15 miles of decent use, mine is toast. Need a new dash and controller.
Error 30
Then just no power on. Multimeter is showing a couple failed parts, one motor wire unseated itself, and two linear rectifiers fell off.
What junk.

Return to “Other scooters”