MV Agusta - Rapid 1 e Scooter - Speed Unlock?

MrTwang

MV Agusta - Rapid 1 e Scooter - Speed Unlock?

Postby MrTwang Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:11 am

So the scooter is always immobilised until you unlock with the app.

MV Augusta say it's limited to 16mph in Europe but de-restricted outside of the EU. I think the app finds the location and programs the scooter on first connection.

Has anyone one else got one of these.. I'm in the UK and can find zero info on the scooter. I've not yet seen another one about either.

I'd love to be able to unlock to the claimed 25mph.
It's a great scooter but lacks the extra that my Inokim Quick 3 has..

Mr Twang.
gigiandrea2

Re: MV Agusta - Rapid 1 e Scooter - Speed Unlock?

Postby gigiandrea2 Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:17 am

After searching in all the internet, i found a facebook group that helped me but didn't provide for free the key... but now i'm doing it, because it's a shame that such easy steps have to be one-man-knowledge just to make some money!
I did this by re-writing on my default unlocking key the code to enable max speed, but you can buy a MIFARE Classic 1K RFID tags that costs few bucks and write the new speed unlock code on them instead of the main unlock key.

In this guide i'm going to show you how to write the speed unlock code on your default unlocking key.

First thing, you need an Android phone with NFC on it, then you have to download MIFARE Classic Tool from Play Store.
Once you have downloaded it, those are the steps:

You need to save a copy of your unlock key first and those are the steps to save it correctly, because you don't want to lose the original key that unlocks your kickscooter!

Follow those steps:

• Open the app
  • Read your kickscooter's main key (the one that you use to unlock it) by simply pressing on Read Tag
  • Select both default key files (extended-std.keys and std.keys)
  • Hold the unlock key to your phone and press "Start mapping and read Tag"
  • Continue holding the tag to your phone

__Now that all the sixteen sectors of the tag have been read__

• Save the tag with the save icon on top/right and give it a talking name (ex. rapido_key.mct) paying attention to not duplicate the file extension name (ex. rapido_key.mct.mct)
  • Press the button with the three points and choose "export dump"
  • Select .mct as file extension (MIFARE Classic Tool)
  • Choose a folder that you'll remember on your phone and click "Save"

Now you have saved a copy of your key! Don't lose this file!

You need to read again your card (repeat the steps above and avoid the last 3 steps) and save to a new file, which will be the new speed unlock key file!

Once you have saved a new copy of your card, you can go on Modify/Analyze Dump File, select the latest file you have saved (we are going to modify it) and in Sector 0 you need to replace all 4 rows with this:

5C0165ECD40804006263646566676869
FFFFFFFFFFFFFF078069FFFFFFFFFFFF

Then, you can press the save button and overwrite the file.

We are on the last step! Make sure to have both files (unlock key and speed unlock) because we are going to write on the RFID key now, because it will not be able to unlock the kickscooter anymore (you can always unlock it by the app via smartphone, no matter whose phone is, it has a lack in security that allows every phone to unlock it just by using MV Ride app...)!

• Select Write Tag
  • Select Write dump (clone)
  • Select your latest modified file
  • All sectors should be pre-selected, if not so, select all
  • Hold the unlock key to your phone and when the app sounds, telling you that the key has been read, DON'T MOVE IT and press ok
  • Select both extended-std.keys and std.keys and press Start mapping and write dump button
  • DON'T MOVE THE CARD until it has finished writing

Once the operation is completed, go test it with your kickscooter! If your key doesn't unlock it anymore, it works! Unlock the kickscooter, go on S+ mode and place the key as if you want to unlock it and wait untill S+ start flashing. Now you have unlocked MAX SPEEEEEEEDDDD!

I hope that you've find this guide understandable, i'm Italian and i've tried to write it by using my skils and knowledge, so forgive my imperfections!

Let me know if there is something that you don't understand, i'll try to explain it again.
[email protected]

Postby [email protected] Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:22 pm

Hello,

I tried following your steps but I'm having some issues.

I downloaded the Mifare Classic Tool app on my Android phone but it's refusing to connect to my MV Agusta key. I keep getting an error saying "Error: There is no MIFARE Classic Tag"

Thank you for your help! Looking forward to unlocking my scooter.
[email protected]

Postby [email protected] Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:06 pm

Never mind I got the NFC reader to work. It's very sensitive and take a ton of tries and positioning to get right.

Update: I got the speed unlock to work. It's a bit scary. I will try it out when the weather is a bit nicer it's a bit cold and windy right now. Thanks a ton!

Return to “Other scooters”