Gotrax GXL V2 Motor wiring 3 wires, what's what?

satomitakara

Gotrax GXL V2 Motor wiring 3 wires, what's what?

Postby satomitakara Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:40 pm

On the top of the battery we have five wire ports. Two go directly to the battery itself and three are just wires that travel the length of the battery down to the motor. If we unplug the motor we have three wires that basically come straight from the circuit board. All are around 14 AWG wire so they all probably are working with the 36v from the battery with the circuit board basically being a relay with several other features.

but....

Why "3" wires and not 2? and which one does what?
I assume the third wire has something to do with the speedometer or possibly recharging the battery when your coasting... or maybe it's a power brake.... I just don't know.

Does anyone know where I can find a diagram or video or something that will tell me what wire does what on the motor?
DuncanJones

Re: Gotrax GXL V2 Motor wiring 3 wires, what's what?

Postby DuncanJones Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:31 am

On the top of the battery we have five wire ports. Two go directly to the battery itself and three are just wires that travel the length of the battery down to the motor. If we unplug the motor we have three wires that basically come straight from the circuit board. All are around 14 AWG wire so they all probably are working with the 36v from the battery with the circuit board basically being a relay with several other features.
Tower Defense
but....

I assume the third wire has something to do with the speedometer or possibly recharging the battery when your coasting... or maybe it's a power brake.... I just don't know.

Does anyone know where I can find a diagram or video or something that will tell me what wire does what on the motor?
Good job! You guys do a great blog and have some great content. Highly recommend!
nayegob

Postby nayegob Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:06 am

but... . papa's burgeria

Thanks for your support!
Reartiong

Postby Reartiong Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:26 am

The three wires are usually responsible for the following functions:

Power (Positive): This wire carries the positive (+) voltage from the battery to the motor, providing the primary power source for the motor to operate.

Ground (Negative): This wire serves as the common ground connection, completing the circuit between the motor and the battery.

Signal/Control: The third wire is often used for various control functions, such as motor speed control, feedback signals, or communication with the scooter's control module. Its specific purpose can vary depending on the scooter's design and features.
paulhenge

Postby paulhenge Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:35 am

It has 3 wires and not 2 wires for a reason. Technically. Those are the power wire, ground wire and control signal wire. We cannot leave out 1 in 3 bad ice cream

Return to “Other scooters”