THIS METHOD IS OUTDATED IF THE SCOOTER IS ON DRV126+
How to change SN after DRV126 update
- Your KS Max (must be Bluetooth-enabled)
- A Windows 10 PC with BLE
- An official or flashed ESx dashboard (can be extracted from any Ninebot ESx scooter)
- Some tools
- Remove your Max dashboard and unplug it from your scooter. Make sure scooter is turned off.
- Plug your ESx dashboard into your Max and turn on your scooter.
- Start Ninebot-Flasher and connect to your scooter. If you're pushed back to the connecting screen, just select your scooter again and click Connect.
- Hit Ctrl+Alt+A: some buttons should appear, we're only interested in the one named Write ESC Sn. If that doesn't work, please ask on Discord.
- Get your current Max serial number and replace the 5 first characters with N4GSD (or check table below for any other max speed). Input that serial number in the text field and click Write ESC Sn.
- Your new serial number should be displayed. If that's the case, you can reassemble your Max and enjoy your new top speed!
DO NOT CONNECT TO THE NINEBOT APP OR UPDATE FIRMWARE WHILE YOU HAVE THE ESx DASH CONNECTED TO YOUR MAX!
Max speed according to serial numbers:
- N4GSD: 30km/h
- N4GCD: 25km/h
- N4GEA: 20km/h
Majsi, dev of Ninebot-Flasher
SurgeSPB, clever Russian dev that found out that using an ESx dashboard bypasses Ninebot encryption ( :lol: )
And all of the people who provided resources and time to test ;)
Video tutorial and demonstration : https://youtu.be/-1QM71ioTBo