My son changed region to DE and can't change it back - G30

suzy456

My son changed region to DE and can't change it back - G30

Postby suzy456 Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:28 am

My teenage son was messing around with a scooter app to try and make his ninebot max g30 faster and he changed the region to DE and now its on 20km/h instead of 30km/h and I can't change it back.
I, the mother is clueless about scooter firmware but after reading about it for many hours I'm guessing that it can't be changed as its on the latest firmware due to having the ninebot app, unless something new has come up.

This is what it says in the utility app:
BLE 1.1.8
DRV AT32F 1.8.7
BMS 1.7.4.0

I really appreciate any help anyone can give me.
ST link looks way too complicated for me.
What are my options apart from buying another scooter?

Thanks in advance!
roberthimes

Re: My son changed region to DE and can't change it back - G30

Postby roberthimes Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:42 am

Hello, If you want to change the region, you can follow these steps. Hope that it's useful for you: uno online

1. Change the 4th digit of your scooter’s serial number to the prefix corresponding to the region you want to switch to. You can find a list of serial prefixes and their effect on max speed and vehicle app appearance in this tutorial.

2. Use an app like Ninebot IAP or Ninebot Flasher to change the serial prefix. Both applications require your computer to have BLE support unless you are using serial for IAP. Ninebot IAP is an app developed by Scooterhacking.org. You can download it here.

3. Once you have it installed, open it and press the “Start scan” button. Select your device in the menu and press “Connect”. It may ask you to press the power button to pair, in this case, short press the button that you would normally use to power it on or toggle the headlight. A successful connection showing version numbers. If it shows version numbers in the “Installed Firmware” box, you have successfully connected. From here head to the “Tools” menu under “Utilities”. Press “Read” in the “ESC Serial Number” panel. A successful serial number read. Make note of it. Next, press “Change SN” and type your serial number out exactly as it was before, but change the 4th digit to the prefix you chose above. In my case, that would be changing the D after N4G to a C if I wanted the speed to be limited to 25 kmh. Changing the serial prefix from a ‘D’ to a ‘C’. Press “OK”, then you should hear your scooter beep twice in quick succession. To confirm it has successfully changed, press “Read” again and you should see your new serial. A successful change. Test the new speed or appearance in the app and it should be good to go.
albenza

Postby albenza Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:46 am

Alternative.. Buy ST-Link (1$ on alibaba), reset firmware and use shwh to tweak it.. My 1. gen is running 46 km/h on stock hardware so far.. I believe I can push it a little more. 50km/h+ would be sweet.
joeybab3

Postby joeybab3 Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:04 pm

Given your DRV version (1.8.7) your only option is to STLink.
My teenage son was messing around with a scooter app to try and make his ninebot max g30 faster and he changed the region to DE and now its on 20km/h instead of 30km/h and I can't change it back.
I, the mother is clueless about scooter firmware but after reading about it for many hours I'm guessing that it can't be changed as its on the latest firmware due to having the ninebot app, unless something new has come up.

This is what it says in the utility app:
BLE 1.1.8
DRV AT32F 1.8.7
BMS 1.7.4.0

I really appreciate any help anyone can give me.
ST link looks way too complicated for me.
What are my options apart from buying another scooter?

Thanks in advance!

Return to “Ninebot Max”