Lyft Ninebot G30 Pogress

meister_sd

Re: Lyft Ninebot G30 Pogress

Postby meister_sd Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:45 am

Follow this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=213

Also, apply power to the board from the ST-Link. I used the connector that ran from the BLE - third pin from the left which is where the red wire would plug into. I can't post pictures here. I hooked up the battery to the ESC also.

Read the chip as:

ST Chip
STM32F10XX - ST Link Utility
STM32F101xB - STVP Utility
Unicycle Santa

Postby Unicycle Santa Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:48 pm

Follow this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=213

Also, apply power to the board from the ST-Link. I used the connector that ran from the BLE - third pin from the left which is where the red wire would plug into. I can't post pictures here. I hooked up the battery to the ESC also.

Read the chip as:

ST Chip
STM32F10XX - ST Link Utility
STM32F101xB - STVP Utility
Already in that thread. I have tried running 5v from the STLink to the main power line of the ESC as well as plugging in the ESC to the battery. I have not wired 5v to the red dash wire as I do not know which pin this is. All the wiring on mine is apart right now for modification.

Edit: Got it sorted, however the address table doesnt match whats needed to do the flashing. Can I just flash a DRV1.2.6 bin file from the CFW generator?
meister_sd

Postby meister_sd Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:02 am

Ok - I mostly have a Lyft scooter converted to personal. All components are original Lyft parts with the exception of the dash, which I bought from "scooterclone" off ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Segway-Ninebot ... 4087927366

My BMS, Controller and Dash all have header pins or cables on them for easy flashing (and future work). All flashing was done using tutorials on this site with a lot of help reading fairbanks97 input in the various threads. All original flashing was done with an ST-Link v2 with updates done using XiaoFlasher. I also re-wired the cable from the dash to the controller using the OEM pinout. Instead of the OEM green wire, it's Lyft blue and the Lyft green is extra which I just taped off.

The one problem I have is at normal switch-on, I get a code 27 error which, depending on the knowledge base, is either:

27 ESC config invalid
or
27 Control Board Password Error

If I hold the throttle at full and then turn it on and hold the throttle until code 14 appears and let go (about 2 seconds) - it starts normal and will run.

Any idea what the code 27 really is and how to fix/clear it? Maybe re-read the controller and zero out the Data Memory tab in STVP and write it back?
Last edited by meister_sd on Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
meister_sd

Postby meister_sd Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:09 am

Edit: Got it sorted, however the address table doesnt match whats needed to do the flashing. Can I just flash a DRV1.2.6 bin file from the CFW generator?
Flash it first with the full dump, esc126_fulldump.bin, from here:

https://files.scooterhacking.org/max/fw/drv/

It might tell you it's read protected, if so, hit CTRL-B and unprotect. It will immediately erase the chip so be aware of that.
meister_sd

Postby meister_sd Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:59 pm

Man, I took this thing out today and it's a beast! My M365 couldn't make two hills next to me but this took the first like a champ and the other, while struggling a bit, made it up. I'm heading to a park near me that the M365 would just be able to make it there and back. I'm going to head there and a friends to see if this range is legit. I like the way it handles and takes bumps. The speed does max out at 20mph but stays there very well. I'll check different firmware and see how it handles with different speeds but compared to the M365, I feel more confident at those higher speeds.
smeeb

Postby smeeb Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:33 am

meister thanks for your help with all of this. how do I use the lyft control cable (5pin) with the OEM dash (4pin)? I already fried a dash I had when I got ahead of myself and plugged them together.
meister_sd

Postby meister_sd Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:42 am

meister thanks for your help with all of this. how do I use the lyft control cable (5pin) with the OEM dash (4pin)? I already fried a dash I had when I got ahead of myself and plugged them together.
I hope linking to another forum is allowed - I just believe in giving credit where credit is due.

I found this picture:
https://scootertalk.org/forum/viewtopic ... 188#p18188

On the right is the OEM cable. You have to pull out the 5 wires out the Lyft cable on the left and re-arrange to that OEM pinout on the right. The only difference is the green wire on the Lyft is the 36V cable blowing everyones dash. This isn't used in the OEM re-wire setup and instead the blue Lyft wire is put in place of the green on the OEM re-wire. I just plugged in the 4-pin dashboard plug into the re-wired 5-pin cable. Remember, all the changes are made in the re-wire end of the white plug going into the controller. I used a needle to take off the glue from the white plug so I could remove the wires and move them around.
smeeb

Postby smeeb Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:30 am

thank you! thats exactly what I was wondering and perfectly explained
meister_sd

Postby meister_sd Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:01 am

The one problem I have is at normal switch-on, I get a code 27 error which, depending on the knowledge base, is either:

27 ESC config invalid
or
27 Control Board Password Error

If I hold the throttle at full and then turn it on and hold the throttle until code 14 appears and let go (about 2 seconds) - it starts normal and will run.

Any idea what the code 27 really is and how to fix/clear it?
I've been having other issues with this dash after flashing BLE555. Even after flashing back full_BLE110.bin, the dash was buggy. I never could get BLE113 on it and finally looked at the full dump again. I found the firmware in the dump, which the first/main bank is 0x00018000-0x00020348, the whole firmware is 0x00018000-0x00031B7E. I replaced 110 with 113, which is the same size and reflashed the dash and the dash reset, stopped giving the error 27 and allowed me to change the serial number, which is actually located in the controller. I then flashed the full 110 back and it didn't seem buggy now nor is the error 27 back - strange! So, I changed the SSID in the bin on 113, flashed it again and now I'm happy. New SSID, serial number and no errors.

For anyone else. I have a header soldered to my dashboard so I can easily flash and I don't remove the dash or unplug it from the scooter while flashing. If there are connection errors, I both unplug the header and unplug/replug the ST-Link then plug the dash header back on. A couple times I bricked the dash and to flash it then, I had to remove the cable going to the controller and apply 5V to the 4-pin dash plug to power it. Then I could flash and recover.

Return to “Ninebot Max”