This tutorial will guide you through the installation of BLE555 for your Max, an alternative BLE firmware to remove encryption and allow for the use of all ESx apps.
- ST-Link V2
- Soldering gear
- TH10 screwdriver
- Windows computer
- The Max BLE555 ST-Link archive, unzipped somewhere [Download]
- Undo the 3 TH10 screws of the dashboard cover
This should reveal the dashboard, along with its potting compound
If you can flash while the dashboard is still attached to the scooter, you can stop disassembling.
If you need to remove the dashboard entirely, take the handlebar apart and extract the dashboard. If you chose this option, you will have to supply 5V to the red wire of the throttle connector.
- Remove the C2 capacitor and hook up your ST-Link according to the following wiring instructions:
You will need to remove the potting compound at these locations, I recommend using a plastic tool to not damage the PCB.
- (install ST-Link drivers)
- Make sure scooter is turned on, or provide 5V power to the red wire of throttle/brake wires.
- Run the connect_dashboard.bat in the previously extracted archive.
- If you see *** Programming Finished *** then it means flash was successful. You can reassemble the scooter.
(The ESx dashboard swap still works)