Change Max serial number after DRV126 update

ms_Chris

Re: Change Max serial number after DRV126 update

Postby ms_Chris Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:25 am

Thanks sdragon for the detailed instructions, they are much better and clear.

The only two things I would add are:

- my scooter's original SN was N4GCExxxxxx, not N4GCDxxxxxx. I couldn't change the SN to N4GSDxxxxxx using the sendcmd function, the scooter wouldn't accept it. I had to use N4GSExxxxxx and then the scooter would accept the change. Could be a regional difference, I live in Australia.

- After I flashed the DRV777.bin.enc file, I still managed to change the SN without having the button pressed constantly. The scooter was non-responsive to any commands after I flashed the file, so I turned it off and back on (keeping the button pressed), and managed to send the command and finish the flashing process to DRV126. This worked for me using the Ninebot flasher method, so may not work with the Android method.
haxus

Postby haxus Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:25 pm

I cannot confirm that the Android (with es dashboard) method is either working with 1.2.1 nor with 1.26 to change s/n and also also not the FW. Non of the given tools is giving any error, however neither S/n nor FW changes.

Has anyone got the android method get to work? What am I doing wrong?

The windows method I could not test as I missing a BT 4.0 dongle
MikeLite

Postby MikeLite Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:57 pm

Same here, Android changing SN dont work.
Only Win10 Pc with Bluetooth and Ninebot Flasher.
Sven

Postby Sven Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:55 pm

Hello

My scooter is a Max G30D, with the official 1.2.6 Update.

I´ve successfull changed the Serial Number and was able to flash CFW´s. So, many thanks to the Team of scooterhacking.org.

The way to the CFW´s was: flashing Dash with BLE555 -> DRV777 -> change Seriel with the "magic serial" -> DRV126 -> CFW
This all works fine, thanks a lot!!!

But now i have a question: it is possible to change the serial number a second or third one?

I´ve tried it in many ways, here a short overview:

- very simple by trying to change in Ninebot Flasher (the old method with only changing the sn in clear letters)
- trying to change in Ninebot Flasher with Bluetooth commands
- flashing back to DRV777 and trying to change (like by the first change)

I´ve tried all with a Max BLE555 Dash and an ESx Dash. With both i can flash DRV´s and CFW´s, so that must be OK.
When it was possible, i´ve tried the method with Ninebot Flasher and also the Android way with Bluetooth Terminal (i know, different codes and generators).
Never i had a error message. it seems ok, but never changes the serial.

The tested serials:

the Magic SN: N4GSD1111C1234 to N4GCD1938C0411
the original: N4GECxxxxCxxxx to N4GCCxxxxCxxxx

Nothing was accepted by the scooter. After all, the actual serial is the N4GSD1111C1234.

What´s my fault?

Please, can someone from the professionals help me?

Regards and thank a lot!!!
darth

Postby darth Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:03 pm

Hello. After many attempts to change SN, I finally do it.
I noticed that after flashing DRV777 apps says "success", but version shacking still show drv126. And scooter doesn't accept new SN.
But, after another attempt to flash dtv777, app show drv ver 133, and And scooter successfully accept new SN.
in a successful attempt used:
-ble555
-full reg command generator (make SN N4GSD1111C**** with original digits at the end)
-android apps
Sven

Postby Sven Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:30 pm

Darth is right.
I have tried it many times (after flashing back to drv777). I've used Android. And after I have send the code several times, it has changed. After I have changed the serial to C (25kmh) I was able to flash cfw (without touching the top speed value) and all changes were accepted. Great!!! Now I have my configuration 😀👍
bigrizz

Postby bigrizz Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:06 am

Sadly, I'm one of the people that has tried many (20+ times) times to flash DRV777 using Win10 and ninebot-flasher and, despite ninebot-flasher showing success, the version is unchanged. Yes, I held my finger on the button the whole time. I also tried a few times with Android and the same result. Shows success but remains unchanged. It just never switches over to anything other than DRV126. I'm pulling my hair out. I don't really understand why it shows success and yet the version remains unchanged.

I'm giving up for now. Hopefully someone comes out with a more reliable method sometime soon. Otherwise, I just blew my money on an original ESx dash. Is it possible my dash is actually fake and that's why it's not working? I bought it on Amazon and the seller's previous feedback says it's original. The box says the same but that could be faked.
bigrizz

Postby bigrizz Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:27 am

Ok, finally progress from my previous post. I found this post (viewtopic.php?f=26&t=214#p1167) that got me going again. I was indeed getting the error 14 and 15 but thought nothing of it as I only had the dash and not the whole assembly connected to the brake and throttle. So according to that post, the firmware flash won't complete until you spoof the brake and throttle connectors with resistors. The post describes the process perfectly. So I went out and bought a couple of 5k linear potentiometers and followed the process. After that, the flashing worked first time. Like @ms_Chris in his post above, I did have to turn the dash off and on again after flashing to DRV777 to get the serial number to take. After that, flashed a CFW and everything is working well so far.

Hopefully this saves someone hours of mucking about, like I did.
tallas

Postby tallas Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:15 am

I have a spin ninebot max. It is super slow. It's serial starts with N4LPL. Will updating this get me a faster top speed?
sdragon

Postby sdragon Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:40 am

Can anyone with the sn N4GSD1111C**** keep the speed of 30 km/h (on the road) also for lower state of charge or is the speed dependent of the soc?
I can reach 30 km/h between 100% and ca. 80%. For lower soc the speed will drop to 27 - 25 km/h.

Return to “Ninebot Max”