Flashing BMS

scootsc00t

Flashing BMS

Postby scootsc00t Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:25 pm

Hey guys,

I was able to follow the BMS dump instructions and did successfully get a dump from my BMS using a ST Link, but I wasn't sure how to flash it with BMS134. I downloaded the bin file and converted it to Intel hex, I opened it on STVP, saw it present errors about line mismatch but selected the program button anyway, probably shouldn't of done it? I put it back together and yeah, no more blue LED status light on the battery and it doesn't power the scooter. Anyone have some steps they could help me out with please? I do have another BMS just in case I FUBAR'd this one.

*Update*
There was something up with my hex file, I got one from another member in the community and was able to flash it. In addition I also made the mistake of programming "DATA MEMORY" which I recovered from my initial dump.

1. ST Link to BMS through STVP
2. Read all tabs
3. Selected "PROGRAM MEMORY"
3. Opened BMS134.hex
4. Programs > All Tabs
bilzbub

Re: Flashing BMS

Postby bilzbub Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:33 am

Nice.. gonna try tomorrow. Thank you!
caliguy661

Postby caliguy661 Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:41 am

How do you convert the bin to hex and which bms134 file did you use? Id like to charge past 80% and it seems like i cant get an answer from this site.
Toot4Scoot

Postby Toot4Scoot Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:29 pm

How do you convert the bin to hex and which bms134 file did you use? Id like to charge past 80% and it seems like i cant get an answer from this site.
This is a straightforward site I go to now and again, https://www.cleancss.com/binary-to-hex/. As far as I understand, if you're using ESdownG, need both the bin and encoded files along with md5 hashes for the app to perform properly, and win10 NBflasher or ST method can do with either or I think. Never used Win10 flasher so cant undeniably confirm if that's actually the case. GL
caliguy661

Postby caliguy661 Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:04 pm

Awesome thanks I'll try it when I get home.
caliguy661

Postby caliguy661 Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:15 pm

This is a straightforward site I go to now and again, https://www.cleancss.com/binary-to-hex/. As far as I understand, if you're using ESdownG, need both the bin and encoded files along with md5 hashes for the app to perform properly, and win10 NBflasher or ST method can do with either or I think. Never used Win10 flasher so cant undeniably confirm if that's actually the case. GL
Not to sure what I'm doing wrong. I've downloaded all 3 files. The main file I downloaded on my phone then loaded into the converter but it doesnt seem to process it correct?
Toot4Scoot

Postby Toot4Scoot Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:59 am

Not to sure what I'm doing wrong. I've downloaded all 3 files. The main file I downloaded on my phone then loaded into the converter but it doesnt seem to process it correct?
What are you using to open the bin files to transfer over to the converter? It should tell you what "language" its being displayed as..... ASCII, UTF8, HEX etc.... The converter itself doesnt seem to be capable of doing so, and if you select the incorrect parameters needed, it will lead to a snafu without giving you a reason why.
I'm not well versed with these types of processes so I'm probably the last person to be able to give proper help, but I will try.
1st thing you need to figure out is what "protocol" the software you are using is displaying the file info as. If you have a laptop or computer, the HxD software is probably the best one to download, which you can find here https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/.
Before you open the file, I would suggest you take your time and get acquainted with all the info and tools you have to utilize. Its pretty "deep" in all honesty, and if you are like me and never learned about code before this, its proabably going to be overwhelming to try and figure out in a days time.
But it is enlightening and from there you should get a better reference of what to look for and piece it together one by one.
I cant tell you how many failed attempts I made trying to convert the data to whatever I assumed it was to be converted to and come to realize it was my lack of knowledge that was the main obstacle.
Other much easier option would be to download the Ninebot IAP they recently released found here https://iap.scooterhacking.org. read into how to navigate and use it properly then let it do all the difficult work for you. Thats about the best I'm able to offer in way of "technical help". GL
sc00tr

Postby sc00tr Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:30 pm

Is IAP able to remove the Lyft bms? I have the ESC done just need the bms.

What are you using to open the bin files to transfer over to the converter? It should tell you what "language" its being displayed as..... ASCII, UTF8, HEX etc.... The converter itself doesnt seem to be capable of doing so, and if you select the incorrect parameters needed, it will lead to a snafu without giving you a reason why.
I'm not well versed with these types of processes so I'm probably the last person to be able to give proper help, but I will try.
1st thing you need to figure out is what "protocol" the software you are using is displaying the file info as. If you have a laptop or computer, the HxD software is probably the best one to download, which you can find here https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/.
Before you open the file, I would suggest you take your time and get acquainted with all the info and tools you have to utilize. Its pretty "deep" in all honesty, and if you are like me and never learned about code before this, its proabably going to be overwhelming to try and figure out in a days time.
But it is enlightening and from there you should get a better reference of what to look for and piece it together one by one.
I cant tell you how many failed attempts I made trying to convert the data to whatever I assumed it was to be converted to and come to realize it was my lack of knowledge that was the main obstacle.
Other much easier option would be to download the Ninebot IAP they recently released found here https://iap.scooterhacking.org. read into how to navigate and use it properly then let it do all the difficult work for you. Thats about the best I'm able to offer in way of "technical help". GL
caliguy661

Postby caliguy661 Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:11 am

Is IAP able to remove the Lyft bms? I have the ESC done just need the bms.

So i downloaded HxD and im able to see the correct file now. im going to continue to try this but i did look into the other site you sent so i ordered a usb interference cable so i can try that method as well.

i noticed a new file in the BMS index which is BMS134fulldump.bin would that possible help simplify things? ive already saved the info from my bms to perform a dump but i though id ask as im trying to figure out all this coding stuff.
caliguy661

Postby caliguy661 Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:08 am

i finally got it!! figured out a very simple way. now i wish i never pulled this battery apart haha oh well. Thanks for the help though.

Return to “Ninebot Max”