Guide to Flashing your spin Max or Lyft max?

CapnBio

Guide to Flashing your spin Max or Lyft max?

Postby CapnBio Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:36 pm

Anyone can point me to flash the spin Max without an St link v2? Soldering skills are really bad, I did get the cp2102 since I saw it seemed possible. Guides or anything would be really awesome.
Unicycle Santa

Re: Guide to Flashing your spin Max or Lyft max?

Postby Unicycle Santa Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:52 am

Its just not gonna happen without soldering, sorry. I am current in the process of making a full featured guide on how to convert one (including flashing BMS/ESC/BLE and wiring changes). But theres no way its going to happen without soldering. Being able to solder is the bare minimum for working on these things, if anything use this as an oppertunity to learn a new skill!
GH0STBIRD

Postby GH0STBIRD Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:55 am

I couldn't for the life of me solder two simple wires to save my life. until I made my own soldering gun. try these steps n see if it helps.

remove soldering nail from an old soldering gun. Bend the nail about 50 degree angle more towards bottom of nail. now attach to a torch so that the flame isn't going to ruin anything while it's heating up the nail. Use flux and make sure that tip stays clean.

The trick is high heat. With a regular cheap gun it never got hot enough for my low skill level. But now I can solder anything. Might be amateur results but at least It works.
CapnBio

Postby CapnBio Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:02 pm

Thanks guys! I had already made the effort to order the st-link v2, it should be in today, hopefully all goes well.
meister_sd

Postby meister_sd Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:47 pm

Another possibility is to use POGO pins. Here is an example:

https://www.mill-max.com/products/new/e ... connectors

Now, you just have to match pitch.......

Return to “Ninebot Max”