Repurposing Ninebot Max batteries in other projects?

Kosdon3200

Repurposing Ninebot Max batteries in other projects?

Postby Kosdon3200 Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:17 pm

Does anyone have any experience using the Ninebot Max batteries outside of the scooter they were designed for? I've got a Razor Pocket Mod with 72v 3000W motor and four of the Ninebot Max batteries in a 2S2P config providing 30Ah at 72v (~82v fully charged) powering a 50A 72v BLDC controller. And I have limp mode dropouts about every 10 seconds. Part of the question is this: how well can I expect one of these batteries (or specifically four of them) to perform in an environment where they're not connected to any of the other components which it otherwise typically relies on?
tec28

Re: Repurposing Ninebot Max batteries in other projects?

Postby tec28 Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:47 am

Bypass the bms in discharge
Kosdon3200

Postby Kosdon3200 Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:49 am

> bypass the bms in discharge...

Hi thanks for the tip, I have seen that feature listed in the firmware modifications too. I then askedd myself: "where is this feature stored?" Its unlikely to reside in the battery itself, after all the features explicit purpose is to allow a different battery to be used in the ninebot. If that setting is stored in anything else those parts wont be in the config, this Q is strictly about the use of batteries alone, ninebot max not included. If that feature is stored in the battery, that might work for me, at this point i would even settle for a physical bypass if you know where I might find one online that is more than a silent slide show of no educational value. Thanks for your response I will double back and recheck my sources.
Kosdon3200

Postby Kosdon3200 Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:41 pm

> bypass.

I bypassed the BMS output side by cutting the ground wires leading into and out of the battery and joined them, which seems to have cut the BMS out of the equation. The only problem is now they wont charge, its as though it has no ground, which is not how I had been informed things would work... Leaving with batt that wont charge x 4...
ezscootscoot

Postby ezscootscoot Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:48 pm

I as well have flashed a ninebot max battery with an St-link yet it stopped blinking blue and when I press the reset button it flashed red then stopped. Well I performed a bms by pass and then the battery read full charged with volt meter yet the battery will not take a charge... If any one has found a solutions for this please do share... Happy scooten gents and fellow scooter lady's!!! Scooten out of 113° Chandler, Arizona!!!

Return to “Ninebot Max”