Please help

Loki83

Please help

Postby Loki83 Tue May 11, 2021 12:52 am

Hello everyone I'm new here, sorry if this has been covered before:

I recently bought a Spin converted Ninebot Max, It was working fine when I got it and I decided id give it a paintjob, this meant I had to take most of it apart, disconnected the battery, and rear wheel, as well as the display and handlebar. Anyways once I was done i put it all together and it seemed to be working fine. Test rode it half way up the block, The following day I tried going further and after a block the acceleration started stuttering until the scooter pretty much shut off. I tried turning it back on with no luck. I brought it back home and checked for loose connections but found nothing, I disconnected the battery, waited a bit and was able to power it back on, This time I rode around my block but it stuttered and failed again about 50ft from going all the way around the block.

I searched the forum and saw that it may be a security firmware issue with the battery, How would I go about fixing this? Any help would be great!

*Edit* I let it sit for a few minutes and was able to turn it back on, It's on cruise control at max speed right now, and im seeing if it dies will just spinning stationary.

*Edit 2* Well I was able to test it outside again, it goes for a bit then slows down, jolts a few more times then goes black, Sometimes I can turn it back on right away, sometimes I have to wait a few minutes. I've never ridden a scooter before this one and maybe I am just doing something wrong, The battery is full, and as I said the only thing I can think of is that I may have caused it to revert to old unflashed firmware by disconnecting the battery for the few days I worked on it.

Return to “Ninebot Max”