HELP, Max firmware 8.1.8 has an extra security measure built into the battery that affects the ESC and dash.........

rasmus14

HELP, Max firmware 8.1.8 has an extra security measure built into the battery that affects the ESC and dash.........

Postby rasmus14 Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:39 am

HELP

Max firmware 8.1.8 has an extra security measure built into the battery that affects the ESC and dash. I have a Max with this battery firmware, it'll shut down the scooter once it detects a load on the motor. When I bench tested inside my shop, I had no issue running at 18mph. Put it back together and went for a test ride, and 10 secs later, beep and shutdown.
Has anyone else encountered this and maybe found a workaround or another solution??
PotatoBill

Re: HELP, Max firmware 8.1.8 has an extra security measure built into the battery that affects the ESC and dash.........

Postby PotatoBill Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:22 am

Ive read if you flash the dash with 1.10 or 1.14 and not 5.5.5 you can use some of the tools like xaioflasher or iap to flash the BMS to 1.34 but I've never tried. What I know works for sure is using/flashing with st link and stvp directly onto battery and flashing 1.3.4 fulldump hex. Then when you cook up the forward enable stealth mode and error reporting level 3.
CDogg

Re: HELP, Max firmware 8.1.8 has an extra security measure built into the battery that affects the ESC and dash.........

Postby CDogg Sat May 07, 2022 8:27 pm

This is something I've been working on for close to a year now. The closest I've gotten to a full battery reset, is hooking up your ST-Link (following the directions for BMS flash found in the other topic. and before trying to read/write from STVP, tab over and check your read out protection ( makes sure its off) then try and write an option byte on every sector. Then do your fulldump.
It's been hit or miss depending on battery but make sure to be very thorough and precise when soldering any leads on those solder pads. They seem to be very flimsy and your copper trace can break very easily, which will prevent you from being successful.
Without doing this step, you'll probably get an error popup that says "cannot detect SWIM" or cannot write due to write protection.
Zopem

Postby Zopem Sun May 08, 2022 2:21 pm

Hello, I have experienced the same issue you mention about the battery cutting the scooter off when you attempted to ride it, while the scooter was on my work bench and I test the scooter, the motor runs full speed and will continue running, which everything good, however when you attempt to ride it - then it cut off.

I did resolve this issue, I bypassed the BMS board on the battery all together. On the bms board the thick black ground wire that's attached to in the center area of the bms board I removed some of the rubber housing so I could solder another short wire (same thickness as the ground wire) I soldered the other end of the soldered wire to the ground wire found in the corner of the bms. (Note: the ground wires are thick, I was finding it difficult get a good secure solder bond. But eventually I got it.. the scooter runs great.
vicenetefernandez

Postby vicenetefernandez Sun May 15, 2022 4:54 am

u have a picture of what u did, or is there a video
kastrypala

Postby kastrypala Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:47 am

hello. is there a solution for this?
kastrypala

Postby kastrypala Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:18 pm

Hello, I have experienced the same issue you mention about the battery cutting the scooter off when you attempted to ride it, while the scooter was on my work bench and I test the scooter, the motor runs full speed and will continue running, which everything good, however when you attempt to ride it - then it cut off.

I did resolve this issue, I bypassed the BMS board on the battery all together. On the bms board the thick black ground wire that's attached to in the center area of the bms board I removed some of the rubber housing so I could solder another short wire (same thickness as the ground wire) I soldered the other end of the soldered wire to the ground wire found in the corner of the bms. (Note: the ground wires are thick, I was finding it difficult get a good secure solder bond. But eventually I got it.. the scooter runs great.
hello, could you tell us in detail how you did it or send a photo?
CDogg

Postby CDogg Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:31 am

The ground BMS bypass does technically work to operate the scooter, but I would only do this with extreme caution as now you've removed all the battery protection and cell balance charging as well.

The best solution if you can't flash firmware 8.1.8, is to get a blank Ninebot G30 BMS from AliExpress for $30 and swap that onto the battery. Now you have a blank, new Ninebot G30 battery just like the retail units! Careful with your soldering and use a really hot iron and lots of solder flux paste.
Olivierftw

Postby Olivierftw Fri May 05, 2023 8:39 pm

The ground BMS bypass does technically work to operate the scooter, but I would only do this with extreme caution as now you've removed all the battery protection and cell balance charging as well.

The best solution if you can't flash firmware 8.1.8, is to get a blank Ninebot G30 BMS from AliExpress for $30 and swap that onto the battery. Now you have a blank, new Ninebot G30 battery just like the retail units! Careful with your soldering and use a really hot iron and lots of solder flux paste.
i replaced my g30 battery's bms with an alieexpress one, but my esc cant seem to communicate with the firmware on this bms?
ive tryed flashing it with st-link but im getting error: this device is protected, the seller claims its the exact same chip used on the genuine ninebot bms.
CDogg

Postby CDogg Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:29 am

i replaced my g30 battery's bms with an alieexpress one, but my esc cant seem to communicate with the firmware on this bms?
ive tryed flashing it with st-link but im getting error: this device is protected, the seller claims its the exact same chip used on the genuine ninebot bms.
Wait, you're saying that the blank AliExpress BMS is giving you the write protection error when attempting to flash?? Are you sure you didn't accidentally reinstall the 8.1.8. board or something?

I've never seen a blank BMS have write protection but I suppose if this is happening, try to upload a BMS file straight from the SHFW app on android or use the UART and IAP from a Windows PC. If neither of those options work, I'd send it back for a different board and use another seller

Return to “Ninebot Max”