Unable to Flash a Custom Firmware and no access to SHFW

bveloso

Unable to Flash a Custom Firmware and no access to SHFW

Postby bveloso Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:49 pm

Hello everyone,
I do have a Ninebot MAX G30dII for around 6 months, and I was a bit disappointed with the performance of the Gen1 motor, even having the speed hack, I was reaching 28Km/h from 100% battery until 80%, then gets continuing decreasing until 25km/h fully discharged.
In order to improve a bit the performance, I recently bought a 12v External battery and a Gen2 motor, (together with the connectors upgrade as well), and I can confirm you that it’s a completely different e-scooter, I was never expecting such a performance, I got really really happy with the result, It worth each single money spent, I was able to reach 42km/h, simply amazing, so much fun :D
The only thing that I was missing with that setup, was the profiles setup that we can do through the ScooterHacking Utility, and that I already had before, (I want to have a standard behavior when I turn on the scooter (no going more than 20km/h), and in a second profile having the full power (when triggered, with power button pushed and with the throttle pushed as well.))
To achieve that, let me tell you in detail what I did:
I initially updated the DRV and BLUE versions through the ScooterHacking Utility (was a stupid idea, I was not really realizing why I was doing that), by doing that, I ended up overwritten the 48v custom firmware that I was having working well.
And the scooter started to show the error of detecting different voltage, continuously bipping the error, the immediate solution that I saw was to remove the external 12v battery, until I got the 48v custom firmware in flashed again.
- So, 12v battery disconnected properly.
I had to move back to the initial stage again.
Then, I opened the ScooterHacking Utility (v.2.04), and I saw the message:
“Couldn’t connect to the SHFW API!
Install/update functionalities might be limited”
I went to the CONFIG tab, and I got the message:
“SHFW not detected
Please install SHFW from the flash tab to access the config tab.
If you have SHFW installed, try again in a few seconds, or try updating it.”

I immediately thought that it could it be because there’s new release (2.1), (I was using the 2.0.4), so I upgrade the version 2.1.
After the upgrade, the app opens, I can see the escooter to pair, when I tap to pair, the app crash showing and close. (there’s was no way to get the escooter paired with the SHU app version 2.1).

I tried the same 2.1 version with a different Android phone, and the result was the same.

Besides the extensive research I did here and in the internet for a solution, here’s the attempt’s that I have been doing to find the solution, or a workaround to solve this:

1. Reviewed both Android phones configurations:
- Google play protect disactivated
- GPS ON
- Bluetooth On
- Granted installation from unknown sources
2. Considering that SHU 2.1 app was continuously crashing when I tab to pair, I installed the 2.0.3 and 2.0.4 to test, both works well, I can pair the scooter, (but I’m not able to flash or either have access to the Config tab).

3. By seeing this issue in the SHU app, I tried all the other apps, ending up with the same problem, I’m not able to flash the 48v custom firmware now.
Getting these errors when I try to flash:

4. Next attempt, was to in somehow downgrade the ESC/BMS and BLE versions and upgrade them again, to see if something that was wrongly installed could it be fixed.
I was able to downgrade and upgrade to all the (ESC and BLE) versions available in the SHU app, and in the middle of those downgrade and upgrades, was detected restrictions that were fixed.
However, BMS cannot be changed, not sure if it could be this the problem, but I am in the version 2.3.4
The error when I try to downgrade:
(Flash failed, Update failed! Reason: Data format error. Power cycling your phone & Vehicle might help)

By seeing this message, I fully charge the escooter battery and the battery of the phone as well, but no changes after that, error persist.
And cannot be downgraded as well with other apps as well:

When I select a file to flash, I see that the fields:
“Model, destination” and “Friendly name” are showing strange values: “null, null” & “n/d”, not sure if it should be the values that I should see here, might probably be something related to this, no clue.

As it can be seen, I also tried the Base firmware version DRV126, instead of the 154(beta) that I was initially trying, but once again, nothing changed, errors persist.
Here’s my current setup BLE/DRV/BMS versions:

At this point I've exhausted all my ideas on how to try to solve the problem, and I'm already very frustrated, because I had the whole system running at 48v, and now I had to revert, and I'm stuck in this situation.
Any guidance, tip would it be very welcome, I was not able to find any solution in the internet so far.
KagerouXD

Re: Unable to Flash a Custom Firmware and no access to SHFW

Postby KagerouXD Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:19 am

If bluetooth connection is the issue why not try st-link or CP2102 UART to USB using IAP app. So far ST-Link it working flawlessly for me for SNSC 2.3 controller and BMS. My issue is flashing the dashboard. No matter what I do it does not work flashing those rental dash.
bveloso

Postby bveloso Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:52 pm

I got the problem solved :D
The main issue was with the my Android version (6.0.1, to low for latest release SHU 2.1, that was generating a crash everytime I tried to pair)
With SHU 2.1 installed on an recent Android, everything worked well
Esmirrasnda

Postby Esmirrasnda Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:08 am

I got the problem solved :D
The main issue was with the my Android version (6.0.1, to low for latest release SHU 2.1, that was generating a crash everytime I tried to pair)
With SHU 2.1 installed on an recent Android, everything worked well
The reason is because you forgot to update its newer version bubble shooter
daisymaria

Postby daisymaria Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:43 am

You don't have to use my settings if you don't want to because this program allows you to customize the firmware that is best for you. moto x3m
Kusum

Postby Kusum Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:47 am

It's nice to read it. Thanksstumble guys online
perfectlyslice

Postby perfectlyslice Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:50 am

Thank for your sharing. It's so helpful.redactle
jammie6060

Postby jammie6060 Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:20 am

This tool lets you tweak firmware to your liking, so you don't have to use my settings.
stumble guys 3

Return to “Ninebot Max”