Max G65 (Max2) - Increase max speed

Bagel

Max G65 (Max2) - Increase max speed

Postby Bagel Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:38 am

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a Ninebot G65 (Max2): https://au.segway.com/product/segway-ni ... g65-max-2/

I live in Australia and purchased it from retailer JB HI-FI.

The scooter is running firmware (ctrl) v1.5.10.

I used to have a G30, and I used XiaoFlasher (on Andriod) to change the region, and increase the max speed from 25km/h to 30km/h. I am able to connect to the G65 using XiaoFlasher, but there is no option available to change the region.

I have downloaded ScooterHacker (also on Android), however it is unable to connect to the G65.

Does anyone know how to increase the max speed on the G65? Is it the case that the available apps are not yet updated to connect to/hack the max speed?

Thanks
pimptastic

Re: Max G65 (Max2) - Increase max speed

Postby pimptastic Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:34 am

Hi Bagel,

Yes, I was able to increase the max speed of my G65 by using Ninebot IAP and changing the serial number. Max speed increased from 25km/h to 32km/h.

Ninebot IAP runs on Windows PCs and can be downloaded from https://iap.scooterhacking.org/

The steps I did were:
1. Run NInebot IAP
2. Select both "No model restriction" and "Advanced mode" in the About tab
3. In BLE tab, click Start Scan
4. Click Stop Scan when scooter appears in device list
5. Select your scooter and click Connect.
6. You may be instructed to press the power button on your scooter to pair it.
7. Click Read in Tools tab to display the scooter's current serial number.
8. Click Change SN in Tools tab to change it to the new serial number.

Your current factory serial number should be something like N4GWA2239C1234
All you need to do is change the 4th digit from W to S and set that as the new serial number.
i.e. for the above example, the new serial number would be N4GSA2239C1234

Using 1111 for the manufacturing year/week (6th to 9th digits) will also work in the same way. i.e. N4GSA1111Cxxxx (where xxxx is your current serial number's last 4 digits)
squirrel_41

Postby squirrel_41 Sun Dec 25, 2022 1:26 pm

Hi I followed your instructions and they worked fine my speed is now 32KPH however this has not increased the "current output" only removed
the speed restriction. My some has the G30 and has been hacked, the hill up to my house is very steep on my Sons G30 I can go up the hill at
about 20-25 kph but my G65 slows to a crawl I installed the Ninbot Flasher and created a new .bin increasing the current fro 25 amps to 32
but the Ninbot Flasher fails to upload the file even though it connects and show all the correct data.
Any ideas how to solve this problem alternativly do you know of a single command i could send useing IAP.exe.
cheer's
pimptastic

Postby pimptastic Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:20 pm

Hi squirrel_41,
How did you create the .bin file? and is it based on a full dump .bin file?
DTScoot

Postby DTScoot Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:19 am

I’m looking at getting the G65 to upgrade from my G30. I’ve hacked the G30 to do 30kph, however the speed slowly drops as the battery depletes. Can I ask if this is the same with the G65? Will it maintain 30 kph (or 32 you are saying it will do?).

In regards to you saying your sons max will accelerate up the hill, is it perhaps a gem 1 motor? I heard these have higher torque than the gen 2 motor?
Topgun1

Postby Topgun1 Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:13 am

Hi, I also wanted to unlock the higher speed for my new G65 max 2. I tried the steps in the post using the ninebot IAP and changing the Ariel number and the date to 1’s and it didn’t work. Anyone have any ideas?
pimptastic

Postby pimptastic Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:31 pm

Hi, I also wanted to unlock the higher speed for my new G65 max 2. I tried the steps in the post using the ninebot IAP and changing the Ariel number and the date to 1’s and it didn’t work. Anyone have any ideas?
Hi Topgun1,
Do you mean you successfully changed the serial number but max speed is still 25km/h?
What was your original serial number and what did you change it to?
Did you test it with a full battery?
DjGrazzy

Postby DjGrazzy Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:36 am

New scooter and yet to attempt the change.
I've noticed a Bluetooth firmware update is showing in the Segway app. Clearly won't apply prior but what are the risks in doing afterwards, will it revert the change or is it safe to apply?
roryelila

Postby roryelila Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:31 am

I think maybe the available applications have not been updated to connect/hack the maximum speed of Ninebot G65. This is because the scooter is a relatively new model and it is possible that app developers have not yet had time to update their apps to work with it. fnaf

Return to “Ninebot Max”