Max speed on CFW possible on stock hardware

kayan

Max speed on CFW possible on stock hardware

Postby kayan Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:25 am

I just barely followed Joey Babcock's tutorials to use ST-Link v2 to downgrade from DRV 1.8.3 to 1.2.6 and completed it successfully. I have also applied CFW, so I know that I can connect to the scooter and successfully upload different firmwares. However, I was expecting that I would be able to go faster than the max speed of 18 mph (30 kph) using CFW, however, when I rode my scooter, it still topped out at the same max speed. After closer inspection, I noticed that on the CFW generator page, it noted that if you don't have the expanded battery, it will still max out at the default max speed for US. Is this true?

Second, I also saw that if you switch to DPC always on mode, it says that the speed limit is then completely disabled. However, after applying DPC and uploading, I still saw my scooter limit my max speed to 18 mph. I'd love to add a few more mph without changing any hardware, so please help if possible.
kayan

Re: Max speed on CFW possible on stock hardware

Postby kayan Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:47 am

Answering my own question: the Gen 1 motor (which I have) is limited to 33 kph, no matter what CFW is installed. I'll have to replace with a Gen 2 motor if I want higher.

Many threads discuss this.
https://www.reddit.com/r/NinebotMAX/com ... ly_matter/
Maraudervz

Postby Maraudervz Mon May 08, 2023 8:46 am

I just barely followed Joey Babcock's tutorials to use ST-Link v2 to downgrade from DRV 1.8.3 to 1.2.6 and completed it successfully.
Is possible to put the link to tutorial you mentioned?
Thanks.
Lifen1957

Postby Lifen1957 Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:56 am

Regarding the speed limit and the effect of different firmware versions or settings, it's possible that the specific firmware version or configuration you applied may not have unlocked higher speeds for your scooter. The limitations on the maximum speed could be a result of various factors, including the hardware capabilities of your scooter or limitations set by the manufacturer.

Return to “Ninebot Max”