ES2L can't go above 26 km/h

ch3atstick5

ES2L can't go above 26 km/h

Postby ch3atstick5 Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:37 pm

Hi guys, i just bought a ES2L, the one with a 20km/h limit after flashing a CFW and setting the speed limit to 45km/h i can only reach 26km/h even when lifting the scooter of the ground.
I have the external battery so it's sort of a ES4 with a speed limit.
So my question is: Is there a hardware limit on these EU scooter's that can be removed or any workaround ?
Lothean
Site Admin

Re: ES2L can't go above 26 km/h

Postby Lothean Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:15 pm

Just get a standard ES2 serial and change it using our tutorial
michachael

[ES4 speed limit] Who can solve the mystery?

Postby michachael Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:23 pm

Hi!

Who can help to solve this mystery?

My current speed goes to max 27km/h, in Red Sports mode and full batteries. I want my ES2L (which is now a ES4 :-) ) to go to 34km/h.

My configuration:
  • ES2Lite but changed serial number to a ES2, format N2GTX1111C0077
  • Custom firmware 5.5.1 (1.5.1) with speed 34KMH and motor power 49000
  • BME v 141
  • BLE v 104
  • External battery
Thank you
M
Last edited by michachael on Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:58 pm, edited 6 times in total.
maijk

Re: [ES2 speed limit] Who can solve the mystery?

Postby maijk Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:40 pm

Hi,
I have the same problem. I bought a ES2L (speed limit 20km/h). I have the extra battery pack installed.

I have successfully flashed my firmware with these settings (see image below) but I can't get my scooter to go more than 22km/h? Any thought?

I flashed firmware with the Android app. Worked right out of the box. Android app connected, I could check the version, flash went smooth and now when I check version it says a higher version and my scooter won't turn off automatically anymore, so it really seems to be upgraded successfully, but I still won't get any extra speed on my ES2L :/

michachael

Postby michachael Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:53 pm

Hi,
I have the same problem. I bought a ES2L (speed limit 20km/h). I have the extra battery pack installed.
yes, but you need to change your serial number. Your 4th letter is currently a 'U' and you need to change it to another letter.

For instance, this SN will work for you and unlock 25km/h: N2GTX2222C0077

how to do this? see tutorial
viewtopic.php?t=14
maijk

Postby maijk Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:20 pm

Hi,
yes, but you need to change your serial number. Your 4th letter is currently a 'U' and you need to change it to another letter.

For instance, this SN will work for you and unlock 25km/h: N2GTX2222C0077

how to do this? see tutorial
viewtopic.php?t=14
Oh, thanks man, I had no clue! If I want to be able to go even faster than 25km/h should I use another serial number or is your suggested ok?
And the second question, is it possible to flash the scooter from an android phone? I don't have access to Windows computer.

Thanks in advance.
michachael

Postby michachael Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:00 pm

Oh, thanks man, I had no clue! If I want to be able to go even faster than 25km/h should I use another serial number or is your suggested ok?
And the second question, is it possible to flash the scooter from an android phone? I don't have access to Windows computer.
Thanks in advance.
Going faster than 27km/h is also my goal :-) I tried doing the custom firmware 1.5.1 with 34km/h max and Motor Power 49000, but I don't see any difference. Let me know if you find a solution...

Yes, you can flash your scooter with android phone via the ESDOWNG app on Google Play. Install, connect with your scooter via bluetooth, go via your Android phone browser to the nineboot.scooterhacking.org website, download your custom firmware zip, and then Load the ZIP in the ESDOWNG app (dont unzip the zip). However, this app does not allow you to change the serial number though... For this, you'll really need Ninebot Flasher on Windows... I also don't have a Windows computer, so I installed Windows 10 Home on my Mac via the Apple program Boot Camp (it's standard installed on your latest Mac). Windows 10 Home is free to download and does not require an activation. https://support.apple.com/boot-camp
Note that Ninebot Flasher currently does not support the 1.5 and 1.5.1 firmware, so if you create custom firmware on the scooterhacking.org page, you can only load it via the Android app ESDOWNG.

Let me know here if you ever find a solution to pimp your scooter higher than 25km/h

PS: I see that you put your Motor Power to 45000... I've read that this is already quite risky and it can burn your board, so watch out! I would start with 49000 and then see...
Last edited by michachael on Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maijk

Re: [ES4 speed limit] Who can solve the mystery?

Postby maijk Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:14 pm

Thanks,
Yeah i have flashed a new firmware from a android phone. I’ll borrow a windows pc at work tomorrow and change serial number. Hopefully the scooter will go faster. I’ll update when I know!
michachael

Postby michachael Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:17 pm

Just get a standard ES2 serial and change it using our tutorial
I am having the EXACT same issue, so cool that I'm not alone.

You already changed your serial number?

I changed it to a standard ES2 serial (format N2GTX1111C0077; Lothean, can you confirm this is the correct format?) and it still hits the 25km/h ceiling.
michachael

Postby michachael Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:20 pm

Hi guys, i just bought a ES2L, the one with a 20km/h limit after flashing a CFW and setting the speed limit to 45km/h i can only reach 26km/h even when lifting the scooter of the ground.
I have the external battery so it's sort of a ES4 with a speed limit.
So my question is: Is there a hardware limit on these EU scooter's that can be removed or any workaround ?
did you find a solution in the meantime?

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”