How to flash your Ninebot Scooter

Ludvis

Re: How to flash your Ninebot Scooter

Postby Ludvis Thu May 09, 2019 10:44 pm

If this guide didn't help you enough or if you want clearer pictures check out this page:
https://hackmd.io/s/Bki2fcWwE
Basically the same guide
Lothean
Site Admin

Postby Lothean Thu May 09, 2019 11:10 pm

If this guide didn't help you enough or if you want clearer pictures check out this page:
https://hackmd.io/s/Bki2fcWwE
Basically the same guide
And also made by us ;)
Drewsterkao

Postby Drewsterkao Fri May 31, 2019 2:26 am

So I've followed the directions explicitly, twice (on two different dashboards) and I get the same result on both dashboard, connected to two different scooters... everything looking real great, dashboard lights up real bright and pretty like until a period of 5-7 seconds elapses and it flashes error code 10 until it shuts itself off if I haven't done it already and appears in the segway app as connectable but when I try to connect plays fickle and refuses to connect by having my phone tell me "unable to connect". Can any one give me some insight as to what's causing this? Thank you
Dzidek2005

Postby Dzidek2005 Fri May 31, 2019 2:38 am

Incorrect communication with the control panel and control card, check the cable connected, have everything connected?
Dzidek2005

Postby Dzidek2005 Fri May 31, 2019 2:44 am

Hello!

I've tried to revert BMS from 1.3.3 to 1.2.2 on my ES4 via ES_downG. I created zip file with BMS binaries from this site with following info.txt:

Code: Select all

dev: ES/SNSC; nam: BMS122; enc: B; typ: BMS; md5: 97f8be8be42f4996bb0f2dac5c50fc55; md5e: ece7da9b0dbe674597063d293e569ea6;
ES_downG successfully opened and flashed bin, but after that I have error 21. It looks like only one battery had been flashed/
What wrong have I done?
ES DownG does not officially support BMS flashing for the moment. You can try Ninebot Flasher or py9b. If you really can't do with these, use ES Rollback but at your own risks.
getting error on 127.0.0.1 4444
says could not open connection the the host , on port 4444 connect failed plz help
Incorrect connections somewhere.
Everything is ok you have the bms version 1.22 you need to upgrade bms to the higher version, eg 1.3.6 close to the main software, the basic rule is always the battery is first flush when changing the software
DoUbLeR

Postby DoUbLeR Fri May 31, 2019 12:27 pm

Hello,
I downloaded the ESDownG app and I tried to connect to my ES1 Kickscooter.
The app was able to connect to the scooter, so I can flash a new firmware without disassembly my scooter?
Is this app compatible also for ES1?

Why someone have to disassembly it?

Thanks
Roberto
Dzidek2005

Postby Dzidek2005 Fri May 31, 2019 4:51 pm

Esrollback This application you need already has the needed firmware with this app you can change the bms firmware of any scooter battery. Change first both bms to 1.22 then change the mainboard to 1.22 then go to the original sageway ninebot app will detect you motherboard and both bms updates if you do not do so the original application will recognize that the motherboard firmware is up to date and will not updrege bms. bactivate to 1.4.1 bms by lowering all Firmware versions will force you to update all modules. Remember to always update the BMS later, the rest
If the original application did not detect the possibility of updating to the latest 1.4.7 then change the region in the application to China Esrollback allows you to go back to the earlier firmware versions of all components from what I remember 1.22 - 1.3.6. 1.39 etc. of course via bluetooth without dismantling the scooter the final and best in the effectiveness of the motoda is a computer with Windows and Bluetooth described in this forum
PixSix24

Postby PixSix24 Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:43 am

Does this guide apply to a new dash and controller that the ninebot app upgraded to 0.5.0.5 ?
Vince

Postby Vince Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:33 pm

I followed the guide exactly and im getting this error. Connections and soldering are good
Hello,
I have exactly the same problem when flashing a dash from Aliexpress. I need to flash this dash because it does not allow to use EsdownG (flashing does not work). I checked several times the connections, no problem. This dash does not have C15 capacitor. I also flashed another original dash successfully, so I am confident that the softwares are well installed and I run the procedure correctly. Any help?
ndmccutcheon

Postby ndmccutcheon Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:48 am

I followed the guide exactly and im getting this error. Connections and soldering are good
Hello,
I have exactly the same problem when flashing a dash from Aliexpress. I need to flash this dash because it does not allow to use EsdownG (flashing does not work). I checked several times the connections, no problem. This dash does not have C15 capacitor. I also flashed another original dash successfully, so I am confident that the softwares are well installed and I run the procedure correctly. Any help?
This happened to me when I tried flashing a clone dashboard. It didn't come with a C15 capacitor, so I thought it would work, but I got the same error and the dashboard is now bricked. Which is weird, because it says programming failed, which would imply that no changes were made to the flash. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”