Ninebot E45E Android SHFW motor not working

azorox

Ninebot E45E Android SHFW motor not working

Postby azorox Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:38 pm

Hello! I put the scooterhacking app on my phone, I like it, it's great!

I thought I'd go on a road trip to try out the new settings, but the throttle is not responding. Brake works, lock works.
If I put the throttle value on the dashboard it displays fine.
I put the original software back on, the throttle works again, but the SHFW freedom is missing. What could be the problem? Ninebot E45E, almost 2 years old, rarely used.

I downloaded the basic SHFW from within the app, nothing extra. I tried revert to default settings, but no engine drive with that either (with SHFW).
SysGhost

Re: Ninebot E45E Android SHFW motor not working

Postby SysGhost Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:27 am

I had a similar thing happen when flashing SHFW.

What I did was:

1: Perform a "reset".
Turn scooter off. Hold down both brake and throttle while turning it on. Keep holding both until it starts "error-beeping". Then release. Turn off and back on.

2: Open CHU app. connect to the scooter. Switch to the config tab.

3: Expand "Throttle and brake". Click the button "Build Curve".

4: Leave first scale at "flat". Set the second scale "Max power" towards 25 - 30 A. (You may want to start lower at first (15 A ) and test how it works). Tap "Ok"

5: Disconnect and restart the scooter. Should start working when you try. If the scooter feels weak, increase the "Max power" in the curve build menu mentioned above. Just don't go above 30 A unless you really know what you're doing and/or have adequate custom cooling of the BLDC motor.
sc00tr

Postby sc00tr Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:39 pm

have you set your curves yet? SHFW doesn't come with default curves so the scooter wont go until you do
azorox

Postby azorox Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:20 am

Hi! Thanks for the response, sorry, just a bit busy at the moment.

What you wrote earlier about reset what does it cover? I used to set the LED lights on the deck from the ninebot app, but the ninebot app got worse and worse so I deleted the ninebot app a long time ago. I don't want to lose the deck light setting too because of the reset you wrote.

If I mess anything up and put the original firmware back, will the settings be as the original firmware or will it remain in a modified (bad) state?

Edit: One more thing, the rear wheel of this model has an electric brake (not motor, just brake), will it still work after this?
azorox

Postby azorox Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:52 am

Update: I just adjusted the curve part smoothly, everything was 0 by default, which is surprising to me.
(No hard reset needed, which is good.)

It's pretty wild and the deck lights are not as "in sync" with the speed as before.

I couldn't get the rear electric brake to activate, maybe that's just a peculiarity of the E45, I'm a bit sorry about that. (It has front wheel drive, it brakes nicely there, but I'm afraid of falling forward.) I've only tried it "unloaded" in the middle of my room lying on its side, then I'll take it down to the street. I hope I don't break myself. :) Thanks for the info! Also interesting that it used to brake in locked mode, now it just beeps and doesn't brake.
azorox

Postby azorox Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:14 pm

I tried it on the street, it works wonderfully!

I'm not sure, but it may engage the rear electronic brake when braking in real, but it would be hard to be sure, I just hear the clicking sound like a magnet pulling. When locking the scooter from app the lack of brake is bad, I don't know where it got lost, I had it in previous SHFW mode, now I don't. If anyone has any ideas, advice, come on, thanks for everything!
celinedion

Postby celinedion Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:08 am

If you've made any custom settings or modifications in the ScooterHacking app, try reverting to the default settings to see if the throttle starts working again. Sometimes, custom settings can lead to unexpected behavior.mapquest directions
azorox

Postby azorox Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:13 pm

Everything works now, the rear extra electronic brake is also great. I miss one thing: When I lock it from the app, it doesn't brake, it just flashes and beeps, but it doesn't brake. It's true, it won't save you if someone wants to steal it. :) Thanks to everyone, especially the SHFW developers!
Esmirrasnda

Postby Esmirrasnda Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:08 am

I've had a Ninebot MAX G30dII for about 6 months, and I was a little dissatisfied with the performance of the Gen1 motor, even with the speed hack, I was achieving 28Km/h from 100% dino game battery till 80%, then drops to 25km/h entirely depleted.
bekeane

Postby bekeane Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:03 am

Confirm that the version of the custom firmware (SHFW) you are using is compatible with your Ninebot E45E model. Using an incompatible firmware version can lead to issues. heardle

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”