ES2 suddenly stops breaking or accelerating when breaking, no errors shown

Tronitete

ES2 suddenly stops breaking or accelerating when breaking, no errors shown

Postby Tronitete Fri May 10, 2024 2:31 am

Hi folks.

My ES2 has given me this problem a few times. It was happening for a while, then it went fine, got it again for another while and now it has been fine for a couple of weeks now.

The symptoms are the scooter's response basically dies on me, no breaking or acceleration. This happens while using the front brake. No errors showing on the display, it keeps working as usual, including showing the speed. If I turn the ES2 off and back on, I have power again. But doing it when you're going downhill, accelerating and in need of breaking is scary, at the very least.

It usually happens a bit after I start my journeys, going downhill and needing to break.
I live uphill and have to go down to go on my way. Knowing this I charge the battery up to 80% so I don't overcharge it while breaking when starting my journey downhill.

Once I had the battery charged to 95 or 100% and the ES2 beeped for a couple of times when breaking, I suspect that is some alarm beep telling me the battery is overcharging, so I finished going down the hill using the rear break.
But whenever the scooter died on me there was never a beep or any other sign or warning, the break and motor just go dead when I'm going down in a need of breaking....... 0.0

I have KHERS configured to Free Wheel (KHERS / 12, I believe) so I don't think there's an overcharge here just by rolling down the hill.
When this happened I started breaking earlier and more smoothly so I don't send a big power surge into the battery and system.

Like I wrote, It's behaving fine for quite some time now and I don't feel that safe and confident riding it downhill. Or I might start feeling more confident and forget about it, and when I need breaking... Oh hello again!

Is this behavior known?

I've found this:
https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topi ... tor-issue/
about the resettable fuse but I'm not having Error 18 or any other errors. Could this behavior be associated with it?

Many thanks for any hints, cheers.

Edit to add: Before this started to happen, I could not get the 3 performance modes to do anything else after flashing my ES2, all of them worked the same way with a to speed of ~23Km/h regardless of the scooter configuration. After these lost of power events happened, out of the blue the 3 performance modes started doing something. The top speed is still the same, but each mode now has a different acceleration and torque. Well, it's useful, but funny, huh?

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”