How to fix Error 18 when Hall sensors are faulty

remove

Re: How to fix Error 18 when Hall sensors are faulty

Postby remove Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:11 pm

Do you know where to buy it and what is the full name of it?
Last edited by remove on Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
remove

Postby remove Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:16 pm

Where can i buy the " simple fuse and the bottom black SMC is a inductor" ? And do you know the full parameters on it?
HankStarr

Postby HankStarr Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:27 pm

Hi....I fixed my lobby sensor code by getting a pre-owned merchant. It was the best way to clear the code and at this point don't have the vehicle run in limp mode. It was an enormously monotonous examination.

Gotten a pre-owned one on Pelican. $250 sent. There are bargains out there. I had a dismantler deal to pull the Hall Sensor off a pre-owned merchant for $250! I said, on your bicycle, and purchased the whole thing before long.
247gobby

Re:i have an ES1 it has no hall sensors in the motor

Postby 247gobby Sat May 21, 2022 3:12 am

I have an ES1 i fitted a new non genuine speed control unit . It has a plug for the hall sensors in the motor but my motor has no hall sensors fitted is there a patch cable or hack to get it to work. Fault code 18
jason2727

Postby jason2727 Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:06 am

I wanted to chime in because I had the Error 18 on my Ninebot ES4 after trying MPC firmware settings that were too agressive and burnt out my scooter going up a steep hill (running from a coyote actually, but that's another story). I found all the discussion about soldering and circuitry on here to be too complicated, so I just bought a new wheel/motor at first. That didn't change anything, so I bought a new control board unit for about $50 and that did the trick to eliminate the Error 18 immediately.

So my 2 cents is that if you have an Error 18 on your ES4, try changing the control board first. Cheap $50 part on ebay. It's a pain to install, but I managed it after watching a YouTube video. The extra-long needle nose pliers recommended in that video also helped, and it's a good tool to have around anyway.

And now I have a spare wheel/motor :)

FWIW, I had my MPC set as low as it would go because I live on a steep hill and need the climbing power. I'm trying 49000 now and might go lower if that doesn't do the trick--especially since I'm now an expert at swapping fried control boards. Hahaha

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”