ESC will not connect to STLink FIX

cheedo

ESC will not connect to STLink FIX

Postby cheedo Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:31 pm

Credit to @Heimdal for helping me figure this out!

NOTE: THIS IS ONLY NECESSARY IF FLASHING ESC DIRECTLY VIA STLINK AND ST UTILITY.

If you have had issues where your ESC with rental FW will not connect to STLink, follow these directions below:

Step 1: solder GND, CLK, SWIO, and power (5V on white connector or 3.3V on cap near CPU, whichever you prefer) and plug ESC into STLink into PC as if you are going to flash.

Step 3: use metal tweezers or anything metal to short the two ends of the circled capacitor together (Click image link below for reference), this will force the system into reset as long as that's held.

https://imgur.com/a/j0nZdJt

Step 4: while shorting the capacitor, click the connect button in ST Utility (the plug with the lightning bolt), if a read protection error shows up press Cntrl + B and disable readout protection as usual, then press the connect button again.

Step 5: nothing will apparently happen in ST Utility after pressing the connect button. remove your tweezers from the capacitor to allow the processor to come out of reset, ST Utility will then connect to the system and you can flash and do everything as usual!

enjoy! this also works with the Max, i have posted instructions and a photo there as well.
remove

Re: ESC will not connect to STLink FIX

Postby remove Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:32 pm

Credit to @Heimdal for helping me figure this out!

NOTE: THIS IS ONLY NECESSARY IF FLASHING ESC DIRECTLY VIA STLINK AND ST UTILITY.

If you have had issues where your ESC with rental FW will not connect to STLink, follow these directions below:

Step 1: solder GND, CLK, SWIO, and power (5V on white connector or 3.3V on cap near CPU, whichever you prefer) and plug ESC into STLink into PC as if you are going to flash.

Step 3: use metal tweezers or anything metal to short the two ends of the circled capacitor together (Click image link below for reference), this will force the system into reset as long as that's held.

https://imgur.com/a/j0nZdJt

Step 4: while shorting the capacitor, click the connect button in ST Utility (the plug with the lightning bolt), if a read protection error shows up press Cntrl + B and disable readout protection as usual, then press the connect button again.

Step 5: nothing will apparently happen in ST Utility after pressing the connect button. remove your tweezers from the capacitor to allow the processor to come out of reset, ST Utility will then connect to the system and you can flash and do everything as usual!

enjoy! this also works with the Max, i have posted instructions and a photo there as well.
All i can say it THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! This have helped me a lot!! Have meet controller with diffrent errors and unable to fixe them. Now when i try to reset them with youre guide its working!! Thanks again!!!
yesfx

Postby yesfx Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:09 am

damn i wish i knew about this before i destroyed an ESC trying to get it to work. Thanks

which white connector for the 5v connection instead of the 3.3v on the tiny cap
salmawisoky

Postby salmawisoky Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:23 pm

This can happen even without trying to flash CFW or Custom Firmware. Candy Crush

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”