Which chargers will the ninebot ES accept? Any 42V DC?

Freerider

Which chargers will the ninebot ES accept? Any 42V DC?

Postby Freerider Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:04 pm

I've been wondering what kind of battery packs and chargers the ninebot ES will accept, and whether it would be possible to plug a custom pack into the port or charge from a large modified power bank that can output 42V.

I tested that the scooter does let me run it even with the charger plugged in, and that when running it with the batteries fully charged, charger LED flashes briefly red, indicating that it is indeed topping up the battery whilst the motor drains it.

So I'm wondering if the charger is anything other than a simple generic 42V DC 1.7A powerbrick, and if the scooter will accept "any" 42V DC source with sufficient current capabilities without any risk of overcurrent or overcharging. I don't know if it is the charging brick itself that features current limitations (dropping voltage to not rush too much current into a near flat battery) or if it is the BMS on the scooter itself that handles everything.

Has anyone looked into the power side of things on the ES scooters?
CDogg

Re: Which chargers will the ninebot ES accept? Any 42V DC?

Postby CDogg Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:28 pm

I too, would be curious about this. I'm currently trying to figure out how to wake up the bms on a Ninebot battery if the voltage drops too low.

One thing you could try is remove the external battery and try to charge it with the voltage and current at the same specs. I'm pretty sure the battery bms would prevent any over charge etc.. don't quote me on this. But if you do fry your bms on the battery side, I know you can find them online for pretty cheap. This is how I justify experiments..lol

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”