ES4 Error 10

marke08

Re: ES4 Error 10

Postby marke08 Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:17 pm

hello, for the 3.5v wire for the ESC did you soder to both connections, as per the image diagram both are circled - just want to verify before I attempt flashing the ESC.
Just one
I put solder between both and connected the wire and it works fine other than not being able to find the location listed above.
jacknab

Postby jacknab Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:28 pm

I just flashed the ESC, and just like another community member reported, I am unable to find location: 0x0801C1B4

here is a screen shot of what I have - the closest I can find is 0x0801CB40 (there is no address that has a C1) any suggestions?

ST-UTILITY SCREENSHOT: http://prntscr.com/o0yvvs
marke08

Postby marke08 Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:37 pm

I just flashed the ESC, and just like another community member reported, I am unable to find location: 0x0801C1B4

here is a screen shot of what I have - the closest I can find is 0x0801CB40 (there is no address that has a C1) any suggestions?

I found the exact thing as previously mentioned. I tried cutting and pasting into that location but I still get error 27. The good news though, you can just hold the brake when turning it on to get around error 27, not ideal but a temporary solution.
jacknab

Postby jacknab Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:12 pm

I found the exact thing as previously mentioned. I tried cutting and pasting into that location but I still get error 27. The good news though, you can just hold the brake when turning it on to get around error 27, not ideal but a temporary solution.
thanks... the work around worked.. I have no idea having to hold down the break to enable the scooter (I use it as a security measure - in case one of my drunken friends try to steal/borrow for ever)
wielandgeorg

Postby wielandgeorg Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:39 pm

Are you guys using amazon $30 dashboards with this?

Which serial number do we use? One off the frame or made up as long as ESC and Dash match or?

Thank you
Last edited by wielandgeorg on Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marke08

Postby marke08 Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:16 pm

Which serial number do we use? One off the frame or made up as long as ESC and Dash match or?

Thank you
I have used an OEM dash and a 28 dollar knock off. Both worked, the OEM dash i didn't have to solder and reprogram but the knock off I did. I did nothing to the serial numbers and they work and show up on the app. save for the Error 27 shown above.
marke08

Postby marke08 Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:49 am

Thank you
I have used an OEM dash and a 28 dollar knock off. Both worked, the OEM dash i didn't have to solder and reprogram but the knock off I did. I did nothing to the serial numbers and they work and show up on the app. save for the Error 27 shown above.
update, i didnt have to program the knock off either. If you program the motherboard the dash works fine out of the box.
wielandgeorg

Postby wielandgeorg Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:18 am

^^ great info. thank you very much!
p3ttyland

Postby p3ttyland Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:33 am

I'd like to add that I have flashed two ESCs with ST-Utility and full dump. The scooter works as intended, however disco lighting has stopped working as mentioned above. The method I used:
Connect ST-Link to ESC
In STUtility press control B and disable readout protection
Open full bin
Press CTRL+P and click program
Go to location 0x1FFFF7E8
Copy first 3 columns of bytes and replace at location 0x0801C1B4

Assemble.
Activate ESC with original ES2/4 serial number

Does everything sound correct here?

EDIT: Turns out it works fine. It seems the lights are faulty on one of mine. I used the ESC on 2 different scooters. Lights work on one, and lights do not work and give a brief error 10 when changing the light colors.
Dude, thank you so much! I followed your instructions and after changing the serial number, all errors are gone and everything works perfectly. Cheers to everyone who helped :D I certainly learned a lot during this process.
hey so question i was able to find both addresses when i went to 0x1FFFF7E8 how every there is 2 addresses that are the same so i copied 0 4 8 from the first one and went to 0x0801C1B4 and pasted it in it wrote but when i went to disconnect and turn the dash on i still get the error 10 so i went back reprogrammed it went back to 0x1FFFF7E8 copied the second address that was the same and pasted and it still error 10 any help? screen shoots below

http://prntscr.com/o191if
http://prntscr.com/o192j0
jacknab

Re: ES4 Error 42 -

Postby jacknab Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:52 pm

I just wanted to post something I ran into.
I flashed the ESC with the full dump, everything worked fine.

I wanted to changed the dashboard to display mph instead of km so I opened the Ninebot app and connected to my scooter and performed the change.
Everything seemed okay, I then went and flashed a cfw over Bluetooth, everything seemed okay, did a test ride after 20 seconds into the ride the scooter shut off, when I turned it back on I started getting error 42.
Looked up the error code found out it was the external battery, I disconnected it made sure all the screws were tight and reconnected it but kept getting the error 42 - after attempting several things, I decided to take the scooter back apart and re-solder the wires back on to the esc and erase the chip and flash it again.
After putting the scooter back together with the extended battery attached I tested it, all okay again - I been riding it since yesterday few trips been long range, the dashboard is back shown krm. so loaded the ninebot app to change it back to mph.. I disconnected and restarted the scooter, and everything seemed okay...
So today I wanted to test flashing the cfw and see if I get error 42 back, after flashing it I took out to test ride damn it the error 42 started back the very 1st time I touched the break...

So if anyone runs in to the error 42 I would suggest re-flashing your ESC with the full dump again, and delete the NINEBOT app from your phone, so you don't ever connect to your scooter with it. Im pretty sure it's the Ninebot app that triggered the error 42

so now the 3rd time I flashed the ESC but this time don't have the ninebot app, nor am I going to flash cfw to it. If it breaks anytime soon I'll update this posting.

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”