ES4 Error 10

aman160

ES4 Error 10

Postby aman160 Mon May 27, 2019 9:25 pm

I got an ES4 bird scooter from an impound auction. I successfully flashed a new dashboard, except when I connect the dash to the scooter after a few seconds the red wrench flashes with the code 10. "Dashboard and control board communication abnormal,check connected cable" The scooter is unable to be turned off. I think I need to replace the circuit board. I was wondering if anyone knows how to get the bird circuit board back to OEM or how to clone an OEM circuit board to the bird board?
Lothean
Site Admin

Re: ES4 Error 10

Postby Lothean Tue May 28, 2019 5:22 pm

Flash ESC with fulldump using an ST Link.

EDIT:

Pinout :

Fulldump :
https://files.scooterhacking.org/esx/fw ... lldump.bin
Remember to change the serial number (method 2 here)
Run the connect_ESC.bat from this file
ndmccutcheon

Postby ndmccutcheon Thu May 30, 2019 5:12 am

Flash ESC with fulldump using an ST Link. Do some research, and you'll find the method :)
Would you be able to elaborate on where to find this info? I've been searching but haven't found anything of use other than this wiring diagram:

https://imgur.com/a/heG6ETh

showing where to solder each pin.

Is there anything else you need to do (like remove any capacitors)? Also would it be possible to use OpenOCD as opposed to fulldump? I'm assuming TVCC is 3.3v, but I'm not totally sure, so let me know if you have any info (I have the knockoff ST-LINK V2 suggested in the dashboard flashing guide, which doesn't include a TVCC pin). Thanks for the help by the way.
Lothean
Site Admin

Postby Lothean Thu May 30, 2019 5:09 pm

Flash ESC with fulldump using an ST Link. Do some research, and you'll find the method :)
Would you be able to elaborate on where to find this info? I've been searching but haven't found anything of use other than this wiring diagram:

Is there anything else you need to do (like remove any capacitors)? Also would it be possible to use OpenOCD as opposed to fulldump? I'm assuming TVCC is 3.3v, but I'm not totally sure, so let me know if you have any info (I have the knockoff ST-LINK V2 suggested in the dashboard flashing guide, which doesn't include a TVCC pin). Thanks for the help by the way.
The schematic you found is indeed correct and it's the same one I use ;)
There's nothing special to know, just solder and flash. TVCC is indeed 3.3V.
As for the flashing part, fulldump refers to a fulldump file of the DRV (bootloader + firmware + user settings), and you can flash it with OpenOCD or STM32 utility.
ndmccutcheon

Postby ndmccutcheon Fri May 31, 2019 12:28 am

As for the flashing part, fulldump refers to a fulldump file of the DRV (bootloader + firmware + user settings), and you can flash it with OpenOCD or STM32 utility.
Ah, ok. Thanks again for the help!
Lothean
Site Admin

Postby Lothean Fri May 31, 2019 12:59 am

You may now find a full dump of the ESC here :
Password in app : 000000
Remember to change the serial number, as its the default one
ndmccutcheon

Postby ndmccutcheon Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:56 am

You may now find a full dump of the ESC here :
Password in app : 000000
Remember to change the serial number, as its the default one
Thanks for the file! I'm having trouble flashing though. I'm using the same commands you would use to flash the dashboard, but it won't open a connection and throws an error. When I use stm32f1x.cfg instead of nrf51.cfg for the target, it opens a connection, but won't flash and outputs the following:

Code: Select all

> program esc139_fulldump.bin target halted due to debug-request, current mode: Thread xPSR: 0x01000000 pc: 0x08000120 msp: 0x20000550 ** Programming Started ** auto erase enabled device id = 0x20036410 STM32 flash size failed, probe inaccurate - assuming 128k flash flash size = 128kbytes no flash bank found for address 0 wrote 0 bytes from file esc139_fulldump.bin in 0.029921s (0.000 KiB/s) ** Programming Finished **
Could you offer some guidance on your method? If you recommend using the STM32 Utility, how would I go about opening a connection using that? My apologies, I'm a novice when it comes to this stuff.

Update: I managed to flash it by first using

stm32f1x unlock 0
and then

program esc139_fulldump.bin offset 0x8000000
but now I'm getting error 27. Do you know why this is? I can ignore the error by holding the brake lever on startup, and it appears to work as intended, but I'd like to resolve this issue if possible...

Another update:

I figured out how to use the STM32 Utility! I was able to successfully program the board with the bin, but I still get error 27. I tried changing the serial number using the special serial changing firmware, but the issue persisted. Also, when you say the password is 000000, where would I input that? When I connect using the app, it just gives me a confirmation that error 27 is happening. Another huge thanks for helping me out, I really appreciate it.
demolishionc4

Postby demolishionc4 Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:14 pm

Im actually in the same boat too, i flashed the esc and i got it to turn on but cant get the error code to stop coming up. i also cant seem to change the disco lighting
Gaztonz

Postby Gaztonz Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:08 pm

I'd like to add that I have flashed two ESCs with ST-Utility and full dump. The scooter works as intended, however disco lighting has stopped working as mentioned above. The method I used:
Connect ST-Link to ESC
In STUtility press control B and disable readout protection
Open full bin
Press CTRL+P and click program
Go to location 0x1FFFF7E8
Copy first 3 columns of bytes and replace at location 0x0801C1B4

Assemble.
Activate ESC with original ES2/4 serial number

Does everything sound correct here?

EDIT: Turns out it works fine. It seems the lights are faulty on one of mine. I used the ESC on 2 different scooters. Lights work on one, and lights do not work and give a brief error 10 when changing the light colors.
Last edited by Gaztonz on Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
demolishionc4

Postby demolishionc4 Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:58 pm

well i figured out the disco lighting problem, its the serial number that i had to change. but im still getting that error code, i didnt copy any addressing over using the st utility so im wondering if that might be my problem

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”