ES4 Error 10

waterdog

Re: ES4 Error 10

Postby waterdog Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:07 pm

Everything seemed to go ok. it was certainly hard to solder to that board!

I now have an error 19

I am not sure if it is related to this as the batteries have not been properly charging since I got it. when I plug It in it goes green then red like its charging and then back to green.
StuBBs

Postby StuBBs Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:18 pm

Hi,
I have no problem flashing. But my serial number I cannot change it after flashing with ninebot flasher. It stays the default one.Is there a way to change it with stlink?
What am I doing wrong.
Thanks,
StuBBs
marke08

Postby marke08 Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:06 am

Everything seemed to go ok. it was certainly hard to solder to that board!

I now have an error 19

I am not sure if it is related to this as the batteries have not been properly charging since I got it. when I plug It in it goes green then red like its charging and then back to green.
Do you have an aftermarket charger from some place like board brothers? If so, you need to plug it into the scooter then plug it into the wall or it won't charge.
kiki626

Postby kiki626 Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:13 am

I'm trying to flash a controller I got on amazon (it's a clone) and STUtility flashes the .bin file but when i go to copy the 3 columns from 0x1FFFF7E8 and paste them into 0x0801C1B4 I get an error message:

Code: Select all

00:03:54 : Device family :STM32F10xx Medium-density 00:04:04 : Blanck check failed at 0x08000000. 00:04:22 : Flash memory erased. 00:04:30 : Flash memory is blank. 00:04:37 : [0x08000000:0x08020000] Memory Checksum: 0x01FE0000 00:05:34 : Memory programmed in 31s and 375ms. 00:05:34 : Verification...OK 00:05:34 : Programmed memory Checksum: 0x0140744C 00:05:35 : Flash memory [0x08000000:0x08010000] Checksum: 0x008E5812 00:05:54 : Failed to read memory @1FFFFA00! 00:06:13 : Failed to write memory @0801C1B4! 00:06:13 : Error occured during flash writing! The Flash may be protected. 00:06:30 : Error occured during memory writing!
It refuses to write to this location, I have another board where I got a similar error message. I looked everywhere in the settings and tried a full chip erase, memory checksum, etc. but I'm not able to write to those addresses.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so what was the solution? I'm considering returning this one as defective at this point.
Drewsterkao

Postby Drewsterkao Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:23 am

So here's the wall I'm hitting... I get everything soldered up the way the picture shows, except when I plug my st link into my lap top, it doesn't even show as plugged in if the 3.3v is connected. Also the pictures shows red circles, what are they for?
AbsolutoCaos

Postby AbsolutoCaos Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:40 pm

So here's the wall I'm hitting... I get everything soldered up the way the picture shows, except when I plug my st link into my lap top, it doesn't even show as plugged in if the 3.3v is connected. Also the pictures shows red circles, what are they for?
Only your stlink will show up in device manager as _STM32 STLink_ in USB devices instead of USB controlers.
When you execute the command its when the stlink has a conversation with the dash (showing up the addresses and device model in hex (0xd2, 0x122, etc)).
Haven't seen those red circles you say picture have? right click that pic, copy image link and post here so we get what pic have those red circles.
pengoboy

Postby pengoboy Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:21 pm

Is there a step by step walkthrough for flashing the Control Board? Im a decent tinkerer, but clearly not savvy enough to follow this thread, plus Im on a mac which ...complicated things. But yes, managed to flash the Dash board and getting the error 10, so now moving onto the control board.
Drewsterkao

Postby Drewsterkao Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:15 pm

Only your stlink will show up in device manager as _STM32 STLink_ in USB devices instead of USB controlers.
When you execute the command its when the stlink has a conversation with the dash (showing up the addresses and device model in hex (0xd2, 0x122, etc)).
Haven't seen those red circles you say picture have? right click that pic, copy image link and post here so we get what pic have those red circles.

Omg thank you for replying, it's been difficult finding people to help. Let me try and clarify my issues with the st link first: after everything is soldered and plugged in, with my st-link plugged into my computer and the stem32 utility open I press control+B and it says st-link not connected, as well as the blue status light on the st link itself is not lit. Now when I pull the 3.3v pin OUT of the st-link my computer makes the "device connected" sound, blue status on the st link turns on, and now when I press control+b another prompt says I need to connect through the target menu up top and maybe lower the frequency I'm trying to connect with; all with no 3.3v plug connected, when it is there's no response at all from anything. And as for the picture with the red circles I've attached it. Its should be noted after a while I deleted the 3.3v wire and tried holding it to either of the two resistors things with no different results

I'm having trouble adding a picture so here's the original link:
https://m.imgur.com/a/heG6ETh
Thank you again
AbsolutoCaos

Postby AbsolutoCaos Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:43 am

Omg thank you for replying, it's been difficult finding people to help. Let me try and clarify my issues with the st link first: after everything is soldered and plugged in, with my st-link plugged into my computer and the stem32 utility open I press control+B and it says st-link not connected, as well as the blue status light on the st link itself is not lit. Now when I pull the 3.3v pin OUT of the st-link my computer makes the "device connected" sound, blue status on the st link turns on, and now when I press control+b another prompt says I need to connect through the target menu up top and maybe lower the frequency I'm trying to connect with; all with no 3.3v plug connected, when it is there's no response at all from anything. And as for the picture with the red circles I've attached it. Its should be noted after a while I deleted the 3.3v wire and tried holding it to either of the two resistors things with no different results

Thank you again
Follow this pic for connection:
https://imgur.com/i6UewKA

Haven't yet flashed an esc as i did not had the need for. Have one for tests and in a day or so ill try out the procedure from Gastonz:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=40#p230
Drewsterkao

Postby Drewsterkao Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:01 pm

Thank you again
Follow this pic for connection:
https://imgur.com/i6UewKA

Haven't yet flashed an esc as i did not had the need for. Have one for tests and in a day or so ill try out the procedure from Gastonz:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=40#p230

Lol I'm following the same post as well. The picture I sent was from the first page of this topic, but I'll try the one you sent. One question, what do I do with the "reset" transistor circled in the picture as well?

Update
So I tried soldering with the picture you sent me and I got the same result. I took pictures of what my screen tells me this time though. I'll post them later

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”