Walmart Special ES4 Advice!

Dssguy2

Re: Walmart Special ES4 Advice!

Postby Dssguy2 Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:54 pm

Thanks to all on this thread, today I received the oem dashboard for my ES4, flashed it, followed steps above and got it all unlocked!
The one last think is to figure out the serial for the ES4, but I don't think anyone has it yet.
Thanks!
Zeek, what dashboard did you buy? Link?

Still trying to figure out if the purple dashboard can be flashed or if it is a lost cause. It already has bluetooth and I have the ST-Link and CP2012 but don't know if it is a lost cause.
TheFernMan

Postby TheFernMan Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:45 pm

I’m also searching if there’s an answer for flashing the purple boards.
https://imgur.com/a/zJDefVV
shadowaero

Postby shadowaero Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:48 am

I wanted to let you know how things went with buying a pre-flashed OEM dashboard from
CDOGG. He offered to help us free of charge. I bought a dashboard from him (very reasonable) pre-flashed for 20mph and removed a lot of restrictions. And he helped me change the serial number and get speed modes back. This also allowed me to update the BMS firmware and the ESC firmware. We talked on the phone several times. He just loves what he does and that is working on scooters. Yes he is a business and would like your business, but he also is an enthusiast. If you need a dash I highly recommend him. If you like in Salt Lake City area i would have him do the work on your scoot. No he did not give me a discount to say this. Just giving you my 2 cents. This was the number he gave in his previous post. 801-810-8838 m-f
Dssguy2

Postby Dssguy2 Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:11 pm

I’m also searching if there’s an answer for flashing the purple boards.
https://imgur.com/a/zJDefVV

I originally thought the green boards were "lesser" because I couldn't get bluetooth out of the box but the more I researched, I found out that the purple is the problem! I was able to get bluetooth working on the Green via ST-LINK and have it all fully updated (BMS updates, dashboard updates, controller updates) with 22MPH top speed and fully customizable via all the various apps.

It is nice that the Segway/Ninebot app lets you do all the Sport mode, RGB lighting, braking, etc!

I guess I need to buy 2 more greens in order to get my other two scooter fully updated.
CDogg

Postby CDogg Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:07 pm

Thanks to all on this thread, today I received the oem dashboard for my ES4, flashed it, followed steps above and got it all unlocked!
The one last think is to figure out the serial for the ES4, but I don't think anyone has it yet.
Thanks!
I do all my dashboards: N2GTR2020C8388. Pretty much anything after the N2GTR can be whatever letters and numbers you want so long at the formatting is the same. IIRC, Segway has all their serial's formatted this way, but it's the first 5 that are critical to the ES1-4 being compatible with the scooter firmware. My miniPro serial is structured the same way, but different number/letters and so is my Max G30: N4GSD2020C8388.

If you really want to know more about the Segway Serial structure, there's info about it in the "Activating ESC" thread or "Converting rental to Personal" thread. I can't remember exactly which, but one of them have it.
CDogg

Postby CDogg Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:33 pm

I wanted to let you know how things went with buying a pre-flashed OEM dashboard from
CDOGG. He offered to help us free of charge. I bought a dashboard from him (very reasonable) pre-flashed for 20mph and removed a lot of restrictions. And he helped me change the serial number and get speed modes back. This also allowed me to update the BMS firmware and the ESC firmware. We talked on the phone several times. He just loves what he does and that is working on scooters. Yes he is a business and would like your business, but he also is an enthusiast. If you need a dash I highly recommend him. If you like in Salt Lake City area i would have him do the work on your scoot. No he did not give me a discount to say this. Just giving you my 2 cents. This was the number he gave in his previous post. 801-810-8838 m-f
Aww, thanks man! I'm just a fellow scooter hacker who started out here just like everyone on this thread. Having previous electronics exp really helped get me interested in these BLDC PEVs as I'm highly curious about micro-mobility devices. Especially anything that helps solves transportation issues in metro areas.

If anyone really deserves high praise, its definitely Lothean and also Ollie over at Banana Science. The hard work put forth by these gentlemen is what allowed me to open this COVID side hustle and provide for my family this past year. Special thanks to those guys!
And if anyone is struggling with their ES4, feel free to shoot me a text and I'll do my best to get back to you.
EdL

Postby EdL Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:22 am

There is a facebook group with discussion on the solder points to the ST-Link for the purple dash.

Here are the points on the chip for ST Link. Posted by the facebook group.
https://imgur.com/FbufYTs

This is my purple chip. The marking is so marred that I can't read the chip ID. I can read 02 at the end.
https://imgur.com/LsWbi5O

If it is 51802 then it should be the same chip as 51822 as per this website.
https://www.nordicsemi.com/Products/Low ... s/nRF51802

Those contact point trace out to the following larger / easier solder point on the dash.
https://imgur.com/g7xbwSg

Is there anyone with a ST-Link willing to test flash their purple dash? Please do so at your own risk. I take no responsibility for any failures.
Dssguy2

Postby Dssguy2 Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:23 pm

I'll try with my purples today. I'll report back to let you know!

What facebook group is it?
EdL

Postby EdL Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:02 am

Dssguy2

Postby Dssguy2 Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:09 pm

I wired up my purple clone board as shown in the image from the Facebook group and then used my ST-Link. I used the program with "connect_dashboard.bat" file and it recognized and flashed the purple board without any errors.

However, now the board doesn't turn on. When connected to the Walmart BIRD ES4-800 $199 deal I have, it doesn't make a noise when powered on, the headlight does turn on and you CAN connect with all the various bluetooth apps for flashing BUT they don't recognize it. They can't show any VER info or battery details.

I have done this same process with a green (assumed OEM) dashboard and it worked great and gave me full functionality.

Any more thoughts on what to try?

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”