Walmart Special ES4 Advice!

jackedandshredded

Re: Walmart Special ES4 Advice!

Postby jackedandshredded Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:17 pm

so after replacing the dash , changing serial and flashing with firmware, the scooter still not going past 16mph.. any ideas? i can switch modes and do everything but scooter still holds on 16mph.
Zeek

Postby Zeek Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:38 am

so after replacing the dash , changing serial and flashing with firmware, the scooter still not going past 16mph.. any ideas? i can switch modes and do everything but scooter still holds on 16mph.
Did you also flash the ESC by removing the external battery?

Method 2 - The external battery connector (ES/SNSC)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=252
jackedandshredded

Postby jackedandshredded Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:09 am

one important step is select current based throttle algorithm, make sure KERS IS AT 12/FREEWHEEL or it will throw you off like a horse. If you dont do this your scooter wont go past 16mph.
jackedandshredded

Postby jackedandshredded Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:09 am

It took me few days with so mant conflicting information to get this scooter to full potential so to save others time and money here is a quick write up on how to:
1-order a fresh dashboard on amazon this is what i ordered: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TSNVMM9/re ... UTF8&psc=1 , but they areall over ebay and amazon you don't need 50 bucks oem, it is so easy to install and many youtube videos on how tom you need a security bit to unscrew the handle bars. You can get a set here https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q21RPS2/re ... YFbTCRQVJ3

2- once the dash is installed, download the xiaoflasher app from google play store spelled exactly like this.

3-go to https://esx.cfw.sh/. If you know what your doing, then you can go ahead and do it, if you dont, do what i did to avoid killing yourself or the scooter. Input the following settings:
A-presets:ES4.
B-basics: select DRV139 from drop down, leave the rest alone.
C-power &speed:
   - drag the slider to 51000, to stay on the safe side.
   -Max speed set it to max unless you want it slower
   -Motor start speed: 2kmh
   -Kers: if you dont wanr to die like i almost did select  KERS/12 ("freewheel") and MAKE SURE NO KERS box is unchecked.
Skip to
4-advanced:leave everything alone except last one, check the box "current based throttle algorithm." Withour this your scooter won't go past 16 mph.

lastly here hit finished time to cook and select xiaoflasher as your app, download the zip file to youe phone where you can find it or to youe computer and send to your phone somehow.

Go to xiaoflasher app,
1-hit the plug logo which will show your scooter if you installed the dash correctly and powered the scooter up. Once you are connected,  and scooter beeps, click on select zip file then find the file you downloaded from instructions above.

2-hit flash selected zip file, DONT MESS with anything else yet, and stay next to your scooter obviously until its done.

3- once its done turn scooter off and back on, go back to the xiaoflasher app and connect to your scooter again.

4- if your scooter original serial that showed on top of the app or stamped on bottom of your scooter is N2GRK1841CXXXX or almost the same as this. You need it replace it with N2GTX1601CXXXX. Replace xxxx with last 4 digits of your current serial. Step 5 is how you replace it

5- go to "change region"  and hit custom. Wait for the counter if u dont want to donate. Type in the new serial from above N2GTX1601Cxxxx.    Replace xxxx with last 4 of your serial.

Hit submit and flash the new serial.

You are done your scooter will now ride smoothly , switch between modes and go rocket speed aka 23mph or more.
Zeek

Postby Zeek Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:55 pm

[quote=jackedandshredded post_id=1944 time=1607072997 user_id=1787]

Amaaaaaazing!!!!

Thanks for putting this together, I do have one quick question, do you need to Flash the ESC as well via the battery compartment or the Dashboard needs to be flashed only? Bird ES4-800.

Thanks!
GuyOnTheeAir

Postby GuyOnTheeAir Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:19 pm

It took me few days with so mant conflicting information to get this scooter to full potential so to save others time and money here is a quick write up on how to:
1-order a fresh dashboard on amazon this is what i ordered: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TSNVMM9/re ... UTF8&psc=1 , but they areall over ebay
Hit submit and flash the new serial.

You are done your scooter will now ride smoothly , switch between modes and go rocket speed aka 23mph or more.
Jackedandshredded, thank you so very much for this info! I'm going to order right away, and can't wait to try it. I knew someone would figure it out and so glad that you have! Thanks for posting this!
turner850

Postby turner850 Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:14 am

Hey guys, I scored 4 of the ES4-800 Walmart scooters for $199 each.

Here is the steps I did to bring them to OEM Ninebot with Optional CFW

Step 1: Solder ST-Link and flash OEM FW using this guide (Skip the last part for Custom Firmware for now): viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15

Step 2: You can now connect to the scooter with bluetooth, Change serial number from BIRD to Ninebot ES2/ES4 - Download XiaoFlasher on Google Play and "Change Region" "Custom Serial" I used N2GTX1601CXXXX (change XXXX to the last four of your serial) This is an ES2 serial with no speed limit, if anyone has an ES4 let me know.... Just changes the picture in the Ninebot App

After step 2, you should now be able to change speed modes by double pressing the power button.

Step 3: Flash the BMS and EXTBMS to 1.4.9 using the XiaoFlasher android app.

Upgrading the BMS to 1.4.9 fixes the battery level button on the extra battery.

Step 4 Connect the scooter to the official Segway-Ninebot App. You should now be able to change all the lighting controls. Feel free to update to the latest firmware in the app if you don't plan on using custom firmware. Lock/Unlock now works, everything has worked like normal in my experience.

You now have an OEM ES4, Congrats.

Step 5 (OPTIONAL):
Install custom firmware using the last part of this guide
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15
Royal2000H

Postby Royal2000H Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:55 am

Hey guys, I scored 4 of the ES4-800 Walmart scooters for $199 each.

Here is the steps I did to bring them to OEM Ninebot with Optional CFW

Step 1: Solder ST-Link and flash OEM FW using this guide (Skip the last part for Custom Firmware for now): viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15

Step 2: You can now connect to the scooter with bluetooth, Change serial number from BIRD to Ninebot ES2/ES4 - Download XiaoFlasher on Google Play and "Change Region" "Custom Serial" I used N2GTX1601CXXXX (change XXXX to the last four of your serial) This is an ES2 serial with no speed limit, if anyone has an ES4 let me know.... Just changes the picture in the Ninebot App

After step 2, you should now be able to change speed modes by double pressing the power button.

Step 3: Flash the BMS and EXTBMS to 1.4.9 using the XiaoFlasher android app.

Upgrading the BMS to 1.4.9 fixes the battery level button on the extra battery.

Step 4 Connect the scooter to the official Segway-Ninebot App. You should now be able to change all the lighting controls. Feel free to update to the latest firmware in the app if you don't plan on using custom firmware. Lock/Unlock now works, everything has worked like normal in my experience.

You now have an OEM ES4, Congrats.

Step 5 (OPTIONAL):
Install custom firmware using the last part of this guide
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15
What was the color of your dashboards that came with the scooter (that you soldered the ST-Link to)? Green? Purple?

Before making any modifications, did you have a flashing Bluetooth icon on the scooter's screen the whole time the scooter was on? Or just briefly when you turned on the scooter? Were you able to connect to Bluetooth with official/3rd party apps before ST-Link modification?
Dssguy2

Postby Dssguy2 Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:54 pm

I bought 3 of these from Walmart for my family and I got 2 Purple and 1 green dashboard.

The two Purple I can connect via bluetooth, the Ninebot app works "mostly" but can't really flash anything in the various android apps being suggested online (ES_DOWNG, M365Tools, Ninebot app, etc). The green, I don't get the bluetooth symbol and it actually makes a weird beep when I turn it on.

Most of the guides I find talk about using ST-Link to get bluetooth going but in this situation, the bluetooth already works, just can't seem to flash anything. Then I hear ominous suggestions of "don't touch the C15 cap on a purple board".

Can somebody breakdown the steps for "PURPLE" dashboard Bird ES4s? I ordered a ST-Link dongle and a CP2012 dongle (not sure if I needed both but they were only $12 total).

None of these online guides really talk about purple or green. They all mention, "buy either an OEM dash or a clone dash" and then get into the ST-Link process. Do we need to buy a new dash if we have a purple or green or can they be flashed via ST-Link / CP2012.

Sorry if this all makes no sense but I think you probably have a bunch of newbs, my self included, getting into the scene with this $199 Walmart Bird ES4 sale. Any step by step help will be much appreciated.

I took a photo of the purple dashboard but I can't attach it, getting this error: "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.".
Zeek

Postby Zeek Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:06 am

Thanks to all on this thread, today I received the oem dashboard for my ES4, flashed it, followed steps above and got it all unlocked!
The one last think is to figure out the serial for the ES4, but I don't think anyone has it yet.
Thanks!

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”