Are all Bird ES4s error 10 on dash replacement?

alchemist

Are all Bird ES4s error 10 on dash replacement?

Postby alchemist Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:41 am

Found an ES4 with a broken tube in a dumpster, electronics intact. I ordered an OEM dash and I did not need to flash but after installation the ES4 gives Error 10. I tried pulling the ESC and soldering ST-link but honestly I've just about given up. I either don't have the right iron, solder, or skills to stick the wires on the board. I'm writing this post after about 2 hours of trying.

Are all Bird ES4s error 10 on dash replacement now (as of June) or am I just unlucky?
ndmccutcheon

Re: Are all Bird ES4s error 10 on dash replacement?

Postby ndmccutcheon Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:48 pm

The most recent wave of bird ES4’s (with battery cages) I believe all give error 10. I’m sorry you’re having trouble with soldering, it definitely is tough to do such small operations. But, unfortunately it’s necessary if you want to get rid of the error without replacing the control board :( you could try getting an iron with a smaller tip? or, re-cutting/stripping the wires so you get some fresh copper to work with.
alchemist

Postby alchemist Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:14 am

I think maybe I'm just working with cheap solder wire, and my iron isn't anything fancy just a cheap one I plugged into the wall. It's been a few years but as a kid I soldered a few audio bugs from kits and I was easily able to solder pins on PCBs. I spent a lot more on my set-up back then. I've just ordered this low-temp solder paste and I'll give it a try. Maybe the syringe tip will be easier to work with, just apply and heat with my cheap iron.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017RSGPI8/
waterdog

Postby waterdog Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:41 am

You can use flux if you have not been.

Another option is solder to pins and then hold those in place since the entire flashing operation only takes about a minute.
pengoboy

Postby pengoboy Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:56 pm

Sorry, been reading through all the threads but still unsure on why this is happening. I have an ES4, flashed the dash. Error 10. But I haven't had a chance to get the app to upload the firmware yet, because after a few seconds, or I assume when the bluetooth is trying to connect, it goes error 10. So is the next step to flash the motherboard?
waterdog

Postby waterdog Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:28 pm

Yes flash the MB and it will work
wielandgeorg

Postby wielandgeorg Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:13 am

Yes they seem to all have error 10 now. Bird is no longer buying segways and replacing them with crappy bulky lime like units.

To fix error 10 simply flash the esc.

NO SOLDERING REQUIRED! Buy this bdm frame and use it! I can flash ESCs in less than 10 min.

https://www.amazon.com/Programmer-Farwa ... ve&sr=1-16

What I do is lightly scrape the contact area where you have to connect to using a pick to get the coating off and then set the needles in place that come with the bdm frame and it connects just fine.

give me some feeback & enjoy
Scootboot

Postby Scootboot Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:40 am

is there a tutorial on how to flash the control board?

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”