Did I destroy my controller?

Kilian-NLD

Did I destroy my controller?

Postby Kilian-NLD Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:57 am

Good day, I’ve been trying to flash this e22D controller but I think I made a big mistake.
When soldering the wires a capacitor (one of the 2 where the vcc goes) came undone and I lost it.
Now when I hook up the esc to the rest of the scooter it turns on but can turn it off with the power button and error 10 reads. Do I need to replace this controller? And if so, which one can I use? I only see controllers for the ES series scooter and not the e22.

Please assist 😅
CDogg

Re: Did I destroy my controller?

Postby CDogg Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:32 pm

not sure if you still need help with this or not, but replacing capacitors on your board is a fairly simple process.
If it was one of the smaller ones near the large one, you can replace it with another, as long as the value of the new capacitor is the same or slightly larger (just don't replace it with one that is smaller then the original) and make sure you pay close attention to the negative and positive direction on the board and the capacitor. Once you feel like everything is properly installed, tap a little solder on the wires (I usually solder the top of the board as well as the bottom where the wires poke through ensuring a solid electrical connection) . If you did everything properly, the scooter will work properly
taylorgodiva

Re: Did I destroy my controller?

Postby taylorgodiva Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:06 am

HELLO I wonder if replacing the capacitors on the board won't fix the situation what will happen? Geometry Dash Scratch

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”