External Battery BMS 0.3.0.3

louisopp

External Battery BMS 0.3.0.3

Postby louisopp Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:01 pm

Hello all!
I recently purchased 2 external batteries from ebay and they seem to have a firmware that restricts the charge of the scooter to 80% and does not allow any rollback. Has anyone come up with a solution to correct this? I have an st link but I am not sure how to edit external battery firmware using it. I would love a solution using es rollback. All the best!
SuperUnkn0wn0ne

Re: External Battery BMS 0.3.0.3

Postby SuperUnkn0wn0ne Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:31 pm

Here's how I fixed the issue:

Charge the external and internal batteries to 100% separately before installing the external. After installing the external battery (if after installation and hard reset doesn't fix it) re-flash firmware to the BLE using ES_downG. Reboot scooter and do update of battery firmware through Segway app (if it says you need the new battery firmware update)

If that didn't work:

Use the rollback app to rollback whichever battery it allows you to then reboot and use Segway app to update battery firmware.
louisopp

Postby louisopp Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:23 am

So the external battery will not charge unless it is in the scooter the charger does not even switch on when I connect it to the battery outside of scooter. It would make more sense to me to be a BMS firmware thing rather than BLE? But honestly I am not really sure what the solution is so anything would be helpful. I have the latest scooter firmware on it currently. But it was a RS scooter in a past life so it is stuck on sport mode etc.
louisopp

Postby louisopp Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:25 am

I should also point out that es rollback allowed me to rollback internal battery but it did not give any options for firmware versions for external.
AbsolutoCaos

Postby AbsolutoCaos Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:48 pm

Hello all!
I recently purchased 2 external batteries from ebay and they seem to have a firmware that restricts the charge of the scooter to 80% and does not allow any rollback. Has anyone come up with a solution to correct this? I have an st link but I am not sure how to edit external battery firmware using it. I would love a solution using es rollback. All the best!
Use windows 10 ninebot flasher to downgrade the internal and external fw.
Had that problem and did it with ninebot flasher in windows 10 with a bluetooth 4.1 dongle. Note that you need a BT device that supports Bt LE.
AbsolutoCaos

Postby AbsolutoCaos Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:49 pm

I should also point out that es rollback allowed me to rollback internal battery but it did not give any options for firmware versions for external.
Forget that es rollback as it may kill the scooter! Be careful using this es rollback app!

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”