Best firmware service for newer ES4? Other Q's

toomanytweets

Best firmware service for newer ES4? Other Q's

Postby toomanytweets Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:47 am

Got a newer Jump ES4 from auction. Flashed the dash with the tut and STLink. I then changed the serial number and flashed the batteries with BMS141, BLE107, DRV133.

The control board is potted with clear gel, and the B- fuse that causes the headlight/top speed issue was a 0 ohm link.

1. Would be the best firmware setup for all 4 pieces?

2. The under lights control are not in the ninebot app. I've read that the 4th digit of the serial needs to be changed. I changed it from N2LUXxxxxxxxxx to N2LTXxxxxxxxxx and still no lights. Does anyone have a proven serial that will get the light controls back?

3. When charging does the scooter keep itself on? I turn it off while charging and it turns itself back on. Ideas?

Any help would be cool. Thanks.
DB Cooper

Re: Best firmware service for newer ES4? Other Q's

Postby DB Cooper Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:46 pm

Got a newer Jump ES4 from auction. Flashed the dash with the tut and STLink. I then changed the serial number and flashed the batteries with BMS141, BLE107, DRV133.

The control board is potted with clear gel, and the B- fuse that causes the headlight/top speed issue was a 0 ohm link.

1. Would be the best firmware setup for all 4 pieces?

2. The under lights control are not in the ninebot app. I've read that the 4th digit of the serial needs to be changed. I changed it from N2LUXxxxxxxxxx to N2LTXxxxxxxxxx and still no lights. Does anyone have a proven serial that will get the light controls back?

3. When charging does the scooter keep itself on? I turn it off while charging and it turns itself back on. Ideas?

Any help would be cool. Thanks.
I can't speak to the specific traits of the Jump model, but I'm running BMS141 and DRV139 with BLE107, that seems to work well (using CFW from this site).

I know the lighting control appears on the app when you have the right serial #. There are ways to generate proper serial numbers. When I had an ES3, I changed it to an ES4 SN and saw the light control features appear in my app.

In regards to charging, yes I have the same issue, once plugged in it turns on. That also means if you have lighting turned on, it'll pulse/flash all the time while plugged in.
toomanytweets

Postby toomanytweets Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:52 pm

1. I read that BMS141 and DRV139 play nicer than DRV133, so I'm running that now, with firmware from here. 20mph top speed (feels crazy), 46000 power.

2. Didn't know android couldn't work the lights, grabbed my work iPad, there are the controls.

3. I've seen that the charging thing is an issue that pisses people off.

Thanks for the reply.
DB Cooper

Postby DB Cooper Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:10 pm

1. I read that BMS141 and DRV139 play nicer than DRV133, so I'm running that now, with firmware from here. 20mph top speed (feels crazy), 46000 power.

2. Didn't know android couldn't work the lights, grabbed my work iPad, there are the controls.

3. I've seen that the charging thing is an issue that pisses people off.

Thanks for the reply.
Just be careful with the power, I hear a lot of ES4 drivers blowing components at 46K MPC, even heard of one at 48000.
toomanytweets

Postby toomanytweets Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:18 pm

After riding for awhile I realized the extra speed and power aren't needed for normal driving, so I'm running stock DRV151 for now. Keeping the more powerful flash on hand though, just in case.

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”