Motor does not spin on custom firmware with non-stock motor and disabled Bms

bruno7

Motor does not spin on custom firmware with non-stock motor and disabled Bms

Postby bruno7 Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:28 am

Hello everyone, hopefully someone could help me out with the problem i am facing. I got a scooter with a different motor the battery i have is not original, hence no data bms. I have built a custom firmware with all standard features, only with bms disabled.

The controller turns on without any error but the motor does not spin with i press the throttle. I did push it over kmh and the speed shows in the display as i move the wheel, but motor does not engage with the throttle. When i press lock on the xiaomi app, the motor does not move freely anymore and blocks so there is communication with the motor.

I thought it might be be a throttle or brake sensor problem, so i tested the voltages and everything shows correctly upon pressing either the throttle or brake, with the signal line changing voltage. I am a bit at loss on what might be the problem? in theory any motor should work on the m365 controller right?

Is there any way to test the motor phases? I also thought on using other firmware since xiaogen is not working anymore for disabling bms (i.e. is not free), such as for instance:

https://github.com/Koxx3/SmartESC_STM32_v2

but the problem is i lose the ability to upgrade via bluetooth (i have a st link though) and besides i would like to use the xiaomi features, with apps etc..
bruno7

Re: Motor does not spin on custom firmware with non-stock motor and disabled Bms

Postby bruno7 Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:54 pm

I was able to solve the problem! just in case someone encounters a similar issue. Basically my mistake was flashing the firmware generated from the website. By using the scooterhacking tool on the go with shfw (base firmware) installed it will work fine. It pops up for auto installing once you go to the flash tab. Then you can change configurations on the go. If you have no bms you like myself you can also choose bms emulation there on the last tab. Another issue i faced was the phase and hall sensors. I was already happy when i saw some movement on the wheel but it was all blocked up and moving back and forward. Speed was also showing wrongly. I knew the phases/hall needed some reordering. It really helped when someone post a a diagram on telegram, because generally you have yellow green and blue phases, but original m365 motor changes green to red. In any case, basically for my motor the order is a-blue b-green c-yellow and change hall connector pins likewise. Diagram bellow:

https://freeimage.host/i/screenshot-202 ... am.Hk3tAhP
BaileyDaugherty

Re: Motor does not spin on custom firmware with non-stock motor and disabled Bms

Postby BaileyDaugherty Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:43 am

I managed to figure it out and fix it! in case anybody else has the same problem. Basically, I messed up when I flashed the website-generated firmware. The scooterhacking tool, together with shfw (base firmware), may be used while on the go without any issues. When you click the flash tab, the installer prompt appears automatically. This will allow for on-the-fly setup adjustments. If you have no bms you like myself you can also choose bms emulation there on the last tab. geometry dash
nanalyly

Postby nanalyly Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:49 am

Ensure that the custom firmware is compatible with the specific non-stock motor and the rest of your scooter's hardware components. Incompatibility can lead to unexpected behavior.
basketbros
nyliumpolar

Postby nyliumpolar Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:57 am

Make sure that the custom software works with your scooter's non-stock motor and the rest of its hardware. When people don't get along, strange things can happen.
bekeane

Postby bekeane Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:18 am

Double-check your custom firmware configuration, especially the settings related to the motor and throttle response curves. It's possible that some parameters need fine-tuning to match the new motor's specifications. fnf
BaileyDaugherty

Postby BaileyDaugherty Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:57 am

Verify all of your custom firmware parameters, but notably those pertaining to the throttle response curves and motor. It's probable that some parameters may require adjustment to conform to the requirements of the new motor. wordle today

Return to “Xiaomi Scooters”