Restricted BLE Firmware detected!

Komander97

Restricted BLE Firmware detected!

Postby Komander97 Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:34 pm

Hello. I just got my Xiaomi Pro 2 and it says ''Restricted BLE Firmware detected!''. What can I do now to tune it anyway?

Can you recommend me a cheap Dashboard (I live in Germany) or something else so I can tune it somehow?

Many thanks!
Visthum

Re: Restricted BLE Firmware detected!

Postby Visthum Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:21 pm

Did you receive the pro 2 new from store or is it bought second hand? I would also like to know this because I'm getting pro 2 in a couple of weeks and would like to downgrade it when I get it without having to use St link or any thing like that.
Visthum
F0xMaster

Postby F0xMaster Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:16 pm

The problem with buying a Pro 2 right now is that there's more than one issue with flashing it.
First, of course, is the new BLE version, which can only be downgraded via ST-Link, but it's not the end of the story. Scooters manufactured around december 2021 and later have a new controller version, which either due to the notorious chip shortage or just plain cost cutting, come with a different CPU model, breaking compatibility with older firmware. Currently, if you have a v3.1 controller, there is absolutely nothing you can do in terms of custom firmware. The controller version is marked in the lower-left corner of the PCB.
Visthum

Postby Visthum Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:27 pm

Wow well that's unfortunate really... This makes me worried but I really hope that the one I will get isn't updated. Do retailer's update the firmware them self's or is it something production manufacturer do?

Let's say I get a new controller v2 or a new ble, would it work to install custom firmware then or is it drill only st link that will help?

Dang this really made me question if I should get the pro 2 now because only reason I wanna get it is to mod it with external battery and other mods...
Visthum
F0xMaster

Postby F0xMaster Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:55 pm

Wow well that's unfortunate really... This makes me worried but I really hope that the one I will get isn't updated. Do retailer's update the firmware them self's or is it something production manufacturer do?

Let's say I get a new controller v2 or a new ble, would it work to install custom firmware then or is it drill only st link that will help?

Dang this really made me question if I should get the pro 2 now because only reason I wanna get it is to mod it with external battery and other mods...
You'll have to either ST-Link or replace the dashboard for the flashing process.
Whether you have to replace the controller as well depends on which hardware revision is installed when it arrives.

Firmware updates are installed at the factory. Once it leaves, the next person that's gonna have contact with it is probably gonna be the customer that bought it.
Komander97

Postby Komander97 Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:45 am

Hey, so I got a lot of help on the discord channel if SHU. My Pro 2 was built in March 2022,so it is very hard to flash it, but it is possible. I had to order a new controller with the old processor from AliExpress and also a new dashboard also FROM AliExpress with an older ble (firmware). Once these two parts arrive, I will mount them and I will be able to tune my pro 2, as if it was built before 12/21 and also having an old dashboard firmware. Otherwise you have to wait for SHU to come with an update which we don't know when this will happen. You can see the manufacture date of the scooter on the side and then you will know how you can tune it and if you need to buy another controller because it's a newer scooter with the newer processor.

Kind regards
Visthum

Postby Visthum Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:34 pm

Hey thanks a lot for that info! Will help me a lot when I receive mine. How much was that controller? 50usd?
And what version did you buy, I only find 2.1 controllers.
Best of luck
Visthum
begancisco

Postby begancisco Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:50 am

if it was built before 12/21 and also having an old dashboard firmware, You can see the manufacture date of the scooter on the side and then you will know how you can tune it and if you need to buy another controller because it's a newer scooter with the newer processor.

octordle
Kioopds

Postby Kioopds Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:08 am

The BLE has until now allowed to flash anyway firmware modified without having to perform a its downgrade leaving them unchanged.
snake game

Return to “Xiaomi Scooters”