SNSC IoT connector to extra battery/bluetooth speaker device?

colonelkernel

SNSC IoT connector to extra battery/bluetooth speaker device?

Postby colonelkernel Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:39 am

Essentially, would the plugin from the control board going to the IoT capsule be able to carry power through it to either provide extra voltage through an extra battery like seen in the Trace cut modification? Or possibly power a Bluetooth device that connects to both the stock IoT speaker and the socket for power and to output music? It can definitely carry power because it has to power the IoT, but I'm not sure if it could provide power back into the scooter. If it can, it may be easy to add another battery through the connector in the first image seen here:
Attachments
1.jpg
This is the connector on the inside of the IoT that provides power to the original hardware that was in the IoT
1.jpg (2.69 MiB) Viewed 4155 times
2.jpg
This is the connector from the back of the IoT that connects to the control board
2.jpg (2.7 MiB) Viewed 4155 times
3.jpg
This is the wire coming from the control board that connects to the back of the IoT
3.jpg (3.98 MiB) Viewed 4155 times
colonelkernel

Re: SNSC IoT connector to extra battery/bluetooth speaker device?

Postby colonelkernel Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:43 am

continued
Attachments
4.jpg
This is the connector to the speaker, only 2 prongs. If there is a bluetooth device that could connect to both the inside power connector and this plugin, it could be used to play music
4.jpg (2.92 MiB) Viewed 4154 times
5.jpg
Inside view of the IoT shell halves
5.jpg (3.15 MiB) Viewed 4154 times
usernameunavailable

Re: SNSC IoT connector to extra battery/bluetooth speaker device?

Postby usernameunavailable Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:23 pm

I mean... you could buy a 48V to 5V downconverter and bluetooth reciever board, glue these componets into the case, and then solder the connections to the board(s)... but the audio quality out of that speaker will likely be terrible and it'll look like you're riding around a rental scooter.

A bluetooth speaker cleverly attached to the pole is a better option if you ask me.

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”