Change Max serial number after DRV126 update

Lothean
Site Admin

Change Max serial number after DRV126 update

Postby Lothean Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:59 am

Thanks to Ninebot-Flasher being updated, we now can change our Max serial numbers using only one piece of software.

Android
Needed:
  • ESx dashboard with original firmware OR BLE555 (how to flash BLE555 on your Max)
  • Android 4.4+ and BLE
  • Latest version of ES DownG
  • Latest version of Serial Bluetooth Terminal
    Make sure both apps have location services permission and that your location is enabled for the scooter to be detected.

How-to:
    • (if you don't have BLE555, swap your Max dashboard with your ESx dashboard)
    • Open Serial Bluetooth Terminal and import this config file, as shown below
    • (If you don't want to go through the hassle of doing the next step, just use the preset I used in the tutorial, a working SN for CFW (N4GSD1111C1234) :

Code: Select all

5AA50E3D2002104E3447534431313131433132333451FC
      and skip the next step, keeping that command in your clipboard.)
    • (fixed) Using the full reg command generator, generate your command by filling in your new serial number.
      Copy the whole command starting by 5AA5
    • Upload DRV777.zip with ES DownG
    • WARNING: We're using Ninebot ES firmware for this manipulation. As a result, you will need to keep the button pressed from now on to prevent the scooter from shutting down after boot. After the manipulation, everything comes back to normal.
    • Go back to Serial Bluetooth Terminal and connect to your scooter, then send your command until you see a green response, as follows:
    • Once done, check the serial number with the app. It should have changed.
    • Upload DRV126.zip with ES DownG
    • You're done.
    • (if necessary, put back your Max dashboard)
roybon76

Re: Change Max serial number after DRV126 update

Postby roybon76 Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:56 pm

I tried the procedure to change the serial number in my MAX but I can't downgrade with DRV777 because it remains the current 1.2.6.
Flasher give me ok Updated DRV777 but checking version have 1.2.6 and sending command don’t change serial
Can I do something else?
I've tried both with Ninebot Flasher (last version) and with downg
Pacjonek

Postby Pacjonek Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:19 pm

I tried the procedure to change the serial number in my MAX but I can't downgrade with DRV777 because it remains the current 1.2.6.
Flasher give me ok Updated DRV777 but checking version have 1.2.6 and sending command don’t change serial
Can I do something else?
I've tried both with Ninebot Flasher (last version) and with downg
Did you use ES dashboard or Max dashboard with flashed BLE555 via ST-LINK?
I'm pretty sure you didn't
roybon76

Postby roybon76 Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:40 pm

I have used ES dashboard and try several times but version 1.2.6 is always installed
educatdcc

Postby educatdcc Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:52 am

Hi Guys. I have a G30D, which is updated to 1.2.6. Unfortunately, I can not change the serial number, so I can play the CFW.
I have an ESx dashboard with original firmware, which I used before to flash the scooter on US.
Before I updated the scooter to 1.2.6, I flashed the German serial number back.

I followed the above instructions and have successfully installed the DRV777. Unfortunately I can not adjust the serial number.
I've used the Generator, copy/paste in Ninebot flasher und click on send command but nothing happend. I tried a few different number, but still doesnt work. Now, i've flashed back to 1.2.6. and the max work with the old serialnumber.

What can i do?

THX

Christian
ndmccutcheon

Postby ndmccutcheon Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:27 am

Hi Guys. I have a G30D, which is updated to 1.2.6. Unfortunately, I can not change the serial number, so I can play the CFW.
I have an ESx dashboard with original firmware, which I used before to flash the scooter on US.
Before I updated the scooter to 1.2.6, I flashed the German serial number back.

I followed the above instructions and have successfully installed the DRV777. Unfortunately I can not adjust the serial number.
I've used the Generator, copy/paste in Ninebot flasher und click on send command but nothing happend. I tried a few different number, but still doesnt work. Now, i've flashed back to 1.2.6. and the max work with the old serialnumber.

What can i do?

THX

Christian
I had this same problem, and I'm not entirely sure what the cause is. Lothean said on discord he'd be posting an android-based solution for this at some point, but I was able to get around this entirely by flashing a fulldump pre-loaded with the correct serial number onto my esc with an st-link. For directions on that, look at the "es4 error 10" thread in the ninebot ES section. If you decide to do this, PM me and I'll send you the fulldump file, do not use the one provided in that thread.
ms_Chris

Postby ms_Chris Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:57 am

Help! I tried the method using the ESX Dashboard and Ninebot Flasher, but now can't turn on the scooter.

With the ESX Dashboard attached, pressing the power button turns the scooter on momentarily and then it turns itself off again. The problem occured after I flashed DRV777.bin.enc.

I tried putting the Max Dashboard on again but it does the same thing, and when I hold down the power button it comes up with a number "19" in red, which i assume is an error code.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?
rayman

Postby rayman Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:11 pm

I have the same problem like guys above. Sending a command does not change anything, the old serial number stays.
Lothean
Site Admin

Postby Lothean Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:04 pm

Help! I tried the method using the ESX Dashboard and Ninebot Flasher, but now can't turn on the scooter.

With the ESX Dashboard attached, pressing the power button turns the scooter on momentarily and then it turns itself off again. The problem occured after I flashed DRV777.bin.enc.

I tried putting the Max Dashboard on again but it does the same thing, and when I hold down the power button it comes up with a number "19" in red, which i assume is an error code.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?
You have been warned in the post. Can't you just read? Keep power button pressed after DRV777 is installed, until you reinstall DRV126.
roybon76

Postby roybon76 Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:16 pm

In my MAX it is not possible to add DVR777 after flash CFW 1.26. I have tried all the methods with the ES dashboard but nothing, no errors and always remains 1.26 in the check version. Is locked??
Has anyone had the same problem?

Return to “Ninebot Max”