Change Max serial number after DRV126 update

fps

Re: Change Max serial number after DRV126 update

Postby fps Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:55 am

Help! I tried the method using the ESX Dashboard and Ninebot Flasher, but now can't turn on the scooter.

With the ESX Dashboard attached, pressing the power button turns the scooter on momentarily and then it turns itself off again. The problem occured after I flashed DRV777.bin.enc.

I tried putting the Max Dashboard on again but it does the same thing, and when I hold down the power button it comes up with a number "19" in red, which i assume is an error code.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?
You have been warned in the post. Can't you just read? Keep power button pressed after DRV777 is installed, until you reinstall DRV126.
Lothean, at what point do you start holding the button? While DRV777 is uploading, or when it's complete? Thanks
tinbum73

Postby tinbum73 Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:48 pm

Sadly this does not work on my UK Max, no matter what I do, the serial number does not change :-(
darth

Postby darth Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:42 pm

Not working too.
Original SN started with N4GCD1931C.
I tried to change SN to N4GSD1931C****, and to SN from topic using my android phone and es1 head.
I see green reply for sending HEX command, but SN in app doesn't changed... I'm waiting for the new way.
DK7

Postby DK7 Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:54 am

Help! I tried the method using the ESX Dashboard and Ninebot Flasher, but now can't turn on the scooter.

With the ESX Dashboard attached, pressing the power button turns the scooter on momentarily and then it turns itself off again. The problem occured after I flashed DRV777.bin.enc.

I tried putting the Max Dashboard on again but it does the same thing, and when I hold down the power button it comes up with a number "19" in red, which i assume is an error code.

You have been warned in the post. Can't you just read? Keep power button pressed after DRV777 is installed, until you reinstall DRV126.
Lothean, at what point do you start holding the button? While DRV777 is uploading, or when it's complete? Thanks
I would also like to know exactly when the power button must be pushed and held down, and exactly when it can be released. Thanks.
KoenRonse

Postby KoenRonse Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:20 am

You dit nothing wrong. Just connect the Es-display again. Push the button and keep it pushed in. The display will light up and then goes out. But when you keep it pushing, the bluetooth connection stays active, even without an uplighted display. So continue the process from the openingspost and everything's fine again.
generalbobobo

Postby generalbobobo Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:04 am

The same thing happened to me. The instructions said keep the button pressed. It didn't say which button or how to press the button. In frequency, or hold it in the whole time?

Have you been able to fix your scooter?
KoenRonse

Postby KoenRonse Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:58 am

The same thing happened to me. The instructions said keep the button pressed. It didn't say which button or how to press the button. In frequency, or hold it in the whole time?

Reading is the solution for your problem...
Look just 1 post higher...
sdragon

Postby sdragon Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:08 pm

Hey,

does anyone really suceed to change the Max serialnumber using this method?
generalbobobo

Postby generalbobobo Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:28 am

Reading is the solution for your problem...
Look just 1 post higher...
Thanks mate. Got it working again by reading some comments. But was unable to get the new serial number to stick. Still no hack success.
generalbobobo

Postby generalbobobo Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:36 am

Successfully unlocked MAX with v126.
Hi all friends who were not able to get the new SN to stick. I used BOTH methods.
I realised that perhaps it is not necessary to use both methods to unlock the scooter... but you can give it a go.
Something missing in the steps: You should use a bogus serial number, not your original.
The serial number they use as an example will work. Just copy the code they show as an example and send it to your MAX during the process where they specify. 3e2002104e34475344313131314331323334
Then redo it many times. If you have to, shut down the MAX, start it back up, connect again and resend that same code until the scooter accepts the code as the new SN.
I was able to successfully do this with the android app using their method. Then I used the Win10 method to flash v126 back onto my scooter. I hope this helps.

Return to “Ninebot Max”