CFW from DRV119 using ESx Dash - Not Updating

Birdo

CFW from DRV119 using ESx Dash - Not Updating

Postby Birdo Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:20 am

I have been following the instructions and can get the CFW DRV126 to complete to 100% using Ninebot-Flasher in Windows and ES_DownG on Android with an ESx dash but the DRV never updates to 126 or the spoofed number.

Version details from ES_downG
BMS Ver:134
BLE Ver:107
DRV Ver:119

I was able to change the Serial number to the N4GSD1111Cxxxx using Ninebot-Flasher Ctrl+Alt+A commands after first trying to use the sendcmd instructions which are for Post DRV126 upgrade.

Any advice would be great. happy to get ST-LINK and upgrade by BLE on Max dash but believe the above should have worked.

Andrew
Pacjonek

Re: CFW from DRV119 using ESx Dash - Not Updating

Postby Pacjonek Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:05 pm

If you have Error 14 or Error 15 you have to get rid of it first. To do so, you must simulate the connection of a brake lever and a gas lever. This can be done by connecting two potentiometers for each cable, one for the brake and one for the gas.

Tutorial by Dutchmax
On your variable resistors are three prongs.. ( + ) ( signal ) ( ground ) could also be marked respectively (1 ) (2) and (3)

For the throttle emulator clip of the connector with the Red Green Black wires. And strip the wire ends.
Use heat shrink tube if you have it laying around. If not, just make do with some electrical tape ( after soldering )

NOW;

Solder Red to ( + or 1 )
Solder Green to ( signal or 2 )
Solder Black to ( ground or 3 )
( Don't worry if you don't know what ( + or 1 ) and what ( ground or 3 ) is on the variable resistor. Works both ways.

For the brake emulator;

Clip of the connector of the Red Blue Black wires.
And strip the wire ends.

Solder Red to ( + or 1 )
Solder Blue to ( signal or 2 )
Solder Black to ( ground or 3 )

Insulate all connections.

Now for the fun part;

Connect the dash and turn it on.

It'll beep and do one of two things;

Give error 14 ( throttle )
Give error 15 ( brake )

Or if you're really lucky; no error.

In case of error 14;

Turn variable resistor that you soldered to the

Red Blue Black wires

slowly until either error 14 goes away, or error 14 changes to error 15. ( Error 14 is also away now, but apparently error 15 was in memory, waiting it's turn )
Just move the resistor slowly to either side to find the position.
( could be you hit the stop of the resistor and have to go other way, is ok! )

If you have no error 15 you are done!

Reboot dash to confirm. ( Should give no error )

If you have error 15 ( either after fixing error 14, or straight from the start )

Do the same thing, turn it slowly until error goes away
( could be you hit the stop of the resistor and have to go other way, is ok! )
Reboot dash to confirm!

Done!!!

Questions? Tag me

Tutorialforerror1415
Birdo

Postby Birdo Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:46 pm

Thank you Pacjonek, very detailed instructions. I will get the parts needed and will test it out.

Interesting that it shows the the firmware loading successfully while it has the error. It would be easier for those with the full handlebar assembly from an ES to get this done it seems.

Will update my results in here when I can get it done.

Andrew
Birdo

Postby Birdo Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:25 am

Can someone who might have a spare ES throttle/e-brake check the resistance of it as there is a very wide range of potentiometers to pick from. I have searched online but can't find any specific details and can't find the original post from Dutchmax that might have more details.

Andrew
DK7

Postby DK7 Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:14 am

I would also like to know what resistance rating is needed for each potentiometer to remove the errors (1k/5k/10k/100k ohms?). Is it possible to plug the brake/gas cables from the ES dash into the gas and brake levers for the M365 (since I have one of those as well)? The connectors look like they should fit.
Pacjonek

Postby Pacjonek Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:42 pm

I would also like to know what resistance rating is needed for each potentiometer to remove the errors (1k/5k/10k/100k ohms?). Is it possible to plug the brake/gas cables from the ES dash into the gas and brake levers for the M365 (since I have one of those as well)? The connectors look like they should fit.
1. Ideally, 1k or 5k potentiometer, but it may be different.
2. Yes, you can.
DK7

Postby DK7 Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:16 am

Thanks for the info, Pacjonek! Will give it a try.
DK7

Postby DK7 Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:58 am

Posting back here to say I had success connecting the ES dash gas and brake inputs to the gas and brake levers from my m365, (with the main round blue connector on the ES dash plugged into the Max of course). This removed error 14 and 15, and allowed me to flash CFW126 straight from stock FW119, after changing the serial number while still on stock FW119. No issues whatsoever, and no need for DRV777 since I was starting from original FW119!
bigrizz

Postby bigrizz Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:43 pm

If you have Error 14 or Error 15 you have to get rid of it first. To do so, you must simulate the connection of a brake lever and a gas lever. This can be done by connecting two potentiometers for each cable, one for the brake and one for the gas.
Thanks for that. I was pulling my hair out trying to work out why I couldn't flash and this I think is the answer. Do you know what type of connectors are used on the ES dashboard? I'd rather make up some cables with connectors so I don't have to cut the cables. At a guess, they are some form of JST connector. I think the pitch is about 1mm.
DK7

Postby DK7 Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:17 pm

If you’re feeling extra lazy, you can just buy the ES2 throttle and brake levers off ebay for ~$8usd each. Plug and play.

Return to “Ninebot Max”