Max dashboard BLE555 ST-Link guide (flash CFW)

kiki626

Re: Max dashboard BLE555 ST-Link guide (flash CFW)

Postby kiki626 Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:05 pm

So I got C2 off cleanly. I connected the 3 wires as instructed - mind you mine is beeping with error 32 which I'm still trying to figure out means this can still be done - and I get this error:

"===================================================
Ninebot Max Dashboard Flasher - ScooterHacking.org
===================================================
Waiting for flash to start...

Waiting for 0 seconds, press a key to continue ...
Flashing BLE555 Max firmware
Open On-Chip Debugger 0.10.0 (2019-02-10) [https://github.com/sysprogs/openocd]
Licensed under GNU GPL v2
For bug reports, read
http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
WARNING: interface/stlink-v2.cfg is deprecated, please switch to interface/stlink.cfg
Info : auto-selecting first available session transport "hla_swd". To override use 'transport select <transport>'.
Info : The selected transport took over low-level target control. The results might differ compared to plain JTAG/SWD
adapter speed: 1000 kHz
Info : clock speed 1000 kHz
Info : STLINK V2J29S7 (API v2) VID:PID 0483:3748
Info : Target voltage: 3.170428
Error: init mode failed (unable to connect to the target)

Done! Check the logs to verify if the flash was successful.
Press any key to continue . . ."

Cany anyone help?

Its saying can't connect to target check your soldering and make sure you're connected to the correct wires. Pull the cover off your STLink and make sure the wires match up sometimes the label on the cover is wrong.
sc00tr

Postby sc00tr Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:07 pm

Yes Rex, the error doesn’t mean much for flashing other than that the scooter is irritating. It can still be flashed.
Acal2019

Postby Acal2019 Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:33 pm

Hello 👋
I have never flashed a max spin scooter Before .
So I am very new, I joined the community too see the difficulty of flashing is an tbh I’m still confused. Idk where to download the files an I don’t know what computer can download them I have Mac book air running OSX El Capitan an I do have a windows 7 desktop computer
What machine you recommend I use to download the files to run the flash ?

An one other question I have a wire that I made that can connect straight to the Iot cord that Lies behind the Iot an it fits but do I still need to any soldering to the dashboard?

One end of the cord is Usb an the other end connects to the cord the Iot connects too.

If some one can help me with this that would be great an I can send you a picture of the cord I have an you can tell me if it will work.

Thank you once again .
BotMinh

Postby BotMinh Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:51 pm

Hello everyone,
rex72727 i have the same problem ( Error: init mode failed (unable to connect to the target)), is there someone who know how to solve it ?
I need to flash the dashboard with BLE555 using St-Link just to put a new CFW on a ex-rental scooter .

thanks you a lot
Unicycle Santa

Postby Unicycle Santa Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:51 am

Just wanted to add some experience here. I just did this with an M365 Pro dash as well as a Ninebot Max dash from aliexpress and it worked on both. I will be posting a comprehensive tutorial on how to get one of these scooters working including BMS flash, dash flash, ESC flash, and using Ninebot Flasher to get things working with a custom firmware.
lewy10

Postby lewy10 Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:57 pm

Just wanted to add some experience here. I just did this with an M365 Pro dash as well as a Ninebot Max dash from aliexpress and it worked on both. I will be posting a comprehensive tutorial on how to get one of these scooters working including BMS flash, dash flash, ESC flash, and using Ninebot Flasher to get things working with a custom firmware.
Please post that tutorial. Im just banging head on the wall trying to get my Max G30 up and running again. Sucks error code 19.
meister_sd

Postby meister_sd Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:33 am

Sucks error code 19.
I flashed the BMS first, then the controller, then the dashboard. I also re-wired the harness back to OEM. On a bad flash of the dashboard, I got an error 19 and even after reflashing the dash, it didn't go away. I ended up reflashing the controller as well - then all was well.
Unicycle Santa

Postby Unicycle Santa Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:29 am

Sucks error code 19.
I flashed the BMS first, then the controller, then the dashboard. I also re-wired the harness back to OEM. On a bad flash of the dashboard, I got an error 19 and even after reflashing the dash, it didn't go away. I ended up reflashing the controller as well - then all was well.
Tutorial will come, its exam week so once thats done I'll have it up. Good job taking care of error 19!
jojo

Postby jojo Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:36 pm

Hi everyone
I’ve got the same problem after flashing my G30: it turn off automatically when push the power botton
If I hold it make a error 19 and can’t connect with Bluetooth
How can i solve it?
CapnBio

Postby CapnBio Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:27 am

Hey guys, this actually had worked for me. I rewired the dash wires to where they'd be with the stock wire (or get a new one) and I was able to flash drv with esdowng. From what I've noticed the Bluetooth is only on for about a minute so you can quickly connect to it and fully flash the OEM or cfw. But once you're connected the Bluetooth stays on for the whole process.

I am waiting on my new dash to come in, and also waiting on the new cable to have full functionality.

Return to “Ninebot Max”