ES4 speed is limited

mangekyo

ES4 speed is limited

Postby mangekyo Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:54 pm

After riding my ES4 during rain, It started having tons of problems.
It would turn off and turn on randomly, then it would not turn off at all.
When I pushed the button to turn it off, it would just turn off and right back on again.
Then the screen would go black and the on/off button would stop working.
It would turn the headlight on and off.

I let it dry and used some demoisturizer. Now everything is back to normal, except that when I spin the wheel and hit the throttle (without standing on it). It will accelerate to 35 km/h and then brake down to 21 and hold that speed.
When I ride it outside, It wont go faster than 21. Before I would always get 31-32. This is not the EU version.

I have reset the firmware but no luck. Any help is appreciated.
asdfn23

Re: ES4 speed is limited

Postby asdfn23 Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:00 pm

i'm having a similar issue with my g30 max although mine has no real reason behind that thing happening, the only thing that helped me was to make a cfw with a different throttle algorithm/ curve. The best option is to just change the curve but i think on the es there's only the Current-based Throttle Algorithm.
Good luck :)
mangekyo

Postby mangekyo Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:22 am

Do you live in Europe? I wonder if Ninebot released a stealthy update that geolocate you, and prevents you from riding faster than the speed limits where you are, even on a US version scooter.
asdfn23

Postby asdfn23 Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:55 am

I am but I'm not from Germany so it should go at least at 25kmh not 20 and if your theory is correct it probably has something to do with the new v5 app.
Btw did you try to change the throttle algorithm?

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”