ES4 Error 10

ndmccutcheon

Re: ES4 Error 10

Postby ndmccutcheon Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:01 pm

I'd like to add that I have flashed two ESCs with ST-Utility and full dump. The scooter works as intended, however disco lighting has stopped working as mentioned above. The method I used:
Connect ST-Link to ESC
In STUtility press control B and disable readout protection
Open full bin
Press CTRL+P and click program
Go to location 0x1FFFF7E8
Copy first 3 columns of bytes and replace at location 0x0801C1B4

Assemble.
Activate ESC with original ES2/4 serial number

Does everything sound correct here?

EDIT: Turns out it works fine. It seems the lights are faulty on one of mine. I used the ESC on 2 different scooters. Lights work on one, and lights do not work and give a brief error 10 when changing the light colors.
Dude, thank you so much! I followed your instructions and after changing the serial number, all errors are gone and everything works perfectly. Cheers to everyone who helped :D I certainly learned a lot during this process.
demolishionc4

Postby demolishionc4 Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:20 pm

copying the address blocks worked perfectly, i hope this method gets saved cause im sure it will help allot of people out. thanks again for your help Gaztonz
mandosd49

Postby mandosd49 Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:17 am

What do you change the serial number to ?
Some randome number made up?
Or you get it from the metal or sticker on the scooter somewhere?
marke08

Postby marke08 Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:52 pm

I successfully flashed a controller and then went to connect and got the Error 10 message. I came to this thread and figured i need to flash the control board in the tube as well. I have two brand new bird ES4s. I cannot for the live of me get the damn wires to stick to the control board. any suggestions?
ndmccutcheon

Postby ndmccutcheon Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:24 pm

I successfully flashed a controller and then went to connect and got the Error 10 message. I came to this thread and figured i need to flash the control board in the tube as well. I have two brand new bird ES4s. I cannot for the live of me get the damn wires to stick to the control board. any suggestions?
If you’ve used the wires before, sometimes they won’t stick as well if you try to use them again. I usually have to cut off the ends and re-strip the wires each time I need to flash something. You can also try pre-tinning the pads and the wires, and then put the wire on top of the pad and then press down with the soldering iron to heat it all up at once. Soldering on the control board is definitely a pain, but with enough patience it can be done. Good luck!
marke08

Postby marke08 Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:52 am

If you’ve used the wires before, sometimes they won’t stick as well if you try to use them again. I usually have to cut off the ends and re-strip the wires each time I need to flash something. You can also try pre-tinning the pads and the wires, and then put the wire on top of the pad and then press down with the soldering iron to heat it all up at once. Soldering on the control board is definitely a pain, but with enough patience it can be done. Good luck!

I'm also struggling to find the location section. I must be missing something in that process with the st utility.
marke08

Postby marke08 Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:33 pm

I'd like to add that I have flashed two ESCs with ST-Utility and full dump. The scooter works as intended, however disco lighting has stopped working as mentioned above. The method I used:
Connect ST-Link to ESC
In STUtility press control B and disable readout protection
Open full bin
Press CTRL+P and click program
Go to location 0x1FFFF7E8
Copy first 3 columns of bytes and replace at location 0x0801C1B4

Assemble.
Activate ESC with original ES2/4 serial number

Does everything sound correct here?

EDIT: Turns out it works fine. It seems the lights are faulty on one of mine. I used the ESC on 2 different scooters. Lights work on one, and lights do not work and give a brief error 10 when changing the light colors.
Dude, thank you so much! I followed your instructions and after changing the serial number, all errors are gone and everything works perfectly. Cheers to everyone who helped :D I certainly learned a lot during this process.
I can't find the second location to paste into for the newly programmed full bin file. I've tried multiple times to submit pictures but keep getting an error, in short, the closest location i can find to paste columns 0, 4, 08 is 0801C1B0. I followed the directions above, opened utility, ctrl+b to disable readout, control+p to program, selected full dump, clicked start in program box. Then opened file and found location 1FFFF7E8 and copied columns 0, 4, 8 then went to full dump already programmed onto board to find location 0801C1B4 to paste those columns and couldn't find. Any ideas what i might have done wrong?
jacknab

Postby jacknab Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:53 am

hello, for the 3.5v wire for the ESC did you soder to both connections, as per the image diagram both are circled - just want to verify before I attempt flashing the ESC.
jacknab

Postby jacknab Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:43 am

[/quote]

I can't find the second location to paste into for the newly programmed full bin file. I've tried multiple times to submit pictures but keep getting an error,
[/quote]

You can not upload images to this forum, thats why you see links for images. I use a great tool call "Lightshot (screenshot tool)" they have an extension you can install in google chrome or a standalone windows version "I recommend the Windows version as the chrome extension is harder to take screen shots outside of the web browser."
Barrybritt

Postby Barrybritt Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:27 pm

hello, for the 3.5v wire for the ESC did you soder to both connections, as per the image diagram both are circled - just want to verify before I attempt flashing the ESC.
Just one

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”