ES2L can't go above 26 km/h

maijk

Re: ES2L can't go above 26 km/h

Postby maijk Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:33 pm

Hi,
I have changed serial number and flashed the firmware with 28kmh speed limit. I have a ES2L, now I can get 26km/h in speed instead of 22kmh. I have external battery.
Pretty satisfied but it would be cool to get some extra kmh, I don’t know what’s limiting my scooter, it should go in 28 now? Right :)
Sledhead70

Postby Sledhead70 Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:00 pm

I have a similar issue and posted a separate thread on this, but for the record my scooter is a factory ES4 ,so I don't understand why it would be limited all of the sudden by the serial number. If someone can explain that I would appreciate it.

Also eager to hear if others changing their serial number fix the limited speed!
michachael

Postby michachael Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:31 pm

Hi,
I have changed serial number and flashed the firmware with 28kmh speed limit. I have a ES2L, now I can get 26km/h in speed instead of 22kmh. I have external battery.
Pretty satisfied but it would be cool to get some extra kmh, I don’t know what’s limiting my scooter, it should go in 28 now? Right :)
Same here. Max 25-26 kmh. It should be able to go easily higher than 30km/h, just like a flashed ES4.

if anyone knows the solution, happy to know it
michachael

Postby michachael Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:34 pm

I have a similar issue and posted a separate thread on this, but for the record my scooter is a factory ES4 ,so I don't understand why it would be limited all of the sudden by the serial number. If someone can explain that I would appreciate it.

Also eager to hear if others changing their serial number fix the limited speed!
I must say that I got a SN from the discord channel, apparently a ES4 format SN. This got me limited again to 22km/h. So I reflashed with my initial ES2L SN but changing the 4th letter from a U to a T, now I am back at 26km/h. My guess is that the serial number format will influence the limit too.
Lothean
Site Admin

Postby Lothean Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:01 pm

Please check the updated SN changing topic, in which you will find an example serial number that works (I'm using it)
You should also look at changing your BMS SN, as the new method allows it
michachael

Postby michachael Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:29 pm

Please check the updated SN changing topic, in which you will find an example serial number that works (I'm using it)

Cool, will try tomorrow!

How do I know which BMS SN to use? I don’t see it’s mentioned anywhere
michachael

Postby michachael Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:28 am

Cool, will try tomorrow!

How do I know which BMS SN to use? I don’t see it’s mentioned anywhere

What I did so far:

1) Flashed with custom firmware with EGDOWNG v151 with speed 34km/h and motor power 49000
2) Changed the SN to a ES2 SN with windows app Ninebot Flasher -> I am getting 25km/h now with the external battery, as a standard ES4 should do.
3) Flashed the eBMS and the BMS with v141, which I downloaded from the scooterhacking website https://files.scooterhacking.org/esx/fw/bms/
4) Tried the CFW 139 with flashed eBMS and BMS 136, but also stuck at 25km/h. No difference.

Still only 25km/h, hence no change. Yes, I removed the ES2L speed limit to get it to a normal ES4, but I am not getting it to higher than the default 25km/h. I am out of ideas.... Pls help.

michachael

Re: [ES4 speed limit] Who can solve the mystery?

Postby michachael Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:31 am

Thanks,
Yeah i have flashed a new firmware from a android phone. I’ll borrow a windows pc at work tomorrow and change serial number. Hopefully the scooter will go faster. I’ll update when I know!
and?

I'm stuck at 25km/h. What I did so far:

1) Flashed with custom firmware with EGDOWNG v151 with speed 34km/h and motor power 49000
2) Changed the SN to a ES2 SN with windows app Ninebot Flasher -> I am getting 25km/h now with the external battery, as a standard ES4 should do.
3) Flashed the eBMS and the BMS with v141, which I downloaded from the scooterhacking website https://files.scooterhacking.org/esx/fw/bms/
4) Tried the CFW 139 with flashed eBMS and BMS 136, but also stuck at 25km/h. No difference.

Still only 25km/h, hence no change. Yes, I removed the ES2L speed limit to get it to a normal ES4, but I am not getting it to higher than the default 25km/h. I am out of ideas....

Lothean
Site Admin

Postby Lothean Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:13 pm

Merged two topics.

ST Link that ESC though..
michachael

Postby michachael Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:32 am

When max battery and hitting 26-27km/h, I feel like the scooter wants to go higher but there is a slight automatic brake every now and then, preventing the scooter to go faster. It's like there is a software limit set at this speed. I even get 'pushed' a bit like in a rollercoast (brake-accelerate-brake-accelerate), however very very subtle.

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”