ES4 still won't go above 24kph after BMS & DRV updates.

michachael

Re: ES4 still won't go above 24kph after BMS & DRV updates.

Postby michachael Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:46 am

Did you download the Ninebot-Flasher? The link is in this thread... viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3

I downloaded the BMS files here (https://files.scooterhacking.org/esx/fw/bms/)

Using the Ninebot Flasher I start the scan after turning my scooter on, select my scooter in the list and then connect. Once you open a file (in this case the BMS file you download) you will see 2 buttons to flash the BMS (one says Flash eBMS which is the external).
Yes, I am familiar with the Ninebot Flasher but apparently there is a new version out where you can also flash the BMS, not only the firmware itself. I will try this tonight.

Which BMS file did you download and use for your batteries? Are the files on that server all flashed already?

So tired of driving only 23-27km/h, it feels so slow :|

Thanks
Michael
Deaofly

Postby Deaofly Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:16 am

You can only flash the BMS using the Flash tool on Windows. The Mobile version only has Formware flash. Make sure you download the Windows flash tool and connect your scooter to your PC. It's easy if you use Bluetooth on the PC to connect to the scooter.
michachael

Postby michachael Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:37 am

You can only flash the BMS using the Flash tool on Windows. The Mobile version only has Formware flash. Make sure you download the Windows flash tool and connect your scooter to your PC. It's easy if you use Bluetooth on the PC to connect to the scooter.
Yes, that's what I'm doing. I understand that I need to flash the BMS, with the BMS file on the Scooterhacking server https://files.scooterhacking.org/esx/fw/bms/ No sure which file to select though, I guess the latest 1.4.1
michachael

Postby michachael Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:30 am

Yes, that's what I'm doing. I understand that I need to flash the BMS, with the BMS file on the Scooterhacking server https://files.scooterhacking.org/esx/fw/bms/ No sure which file to select though, I guess the latest 1.4.1
What I did so far:

1) Flashed with custom firmware with EGDOWNG v151 with speed 34km/h and motor power 49000
2) Changed the SN to a ES2 SN with windows app Ninebot Flasher -> I am getting 25km/h now with the external battery, as a standard ES4 should do.
3) Flashed the eBMS and the BMS with v141, which I downloaded from the scooterhacking website https://files.scooterhacking.org/esx/fw/bms/
4) Tried the CFW 139 with flashed eBMS and BMS 136, but also stuck at 25km/h. No difference.

Still only 25km/h, hence no change. Yes, I removed the ES2L speed limit to get it to a normal ES4, but I am not getting it to higher than the default 25km/h. I am out of ideas.... Pls help.

Deaofly

Postby Deaofly Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:01 pm

Sadly it sounds like ether a control board issue or a hub motor issue. I sent my ES4 in Segway for repair recently and it was for slow climbing up very small hills. Never had a issue until firmware 1.41. They replaced my hub motor and control board and sent it back. Seemed great but got a error 42 right afterwards so I sent it back to Segway for them to figure it out. I'm just waiting to get it back. Segway told me that any slow downs could be a result of a hub motor or control board issue. I can only wish you the best of luck and maybe someone else could help out.
Deaofly

Postby Deaofly Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:09 pm

I also Noticed your DRV # is 5.5.1, mine is v1.3.6. That could be your issue. DRV # is referred to as the Master Control Firmware Number. Offical Ninebot scooters DRV start with v0. So Mine is v0.1.3.6 while the latest firmware update through the Segway app is v0.1.5.1 or v1.5.1. That DRV # you have could be related to what firmware they use for the scooters they use for rentals like Bird and Skip. If that's the case then that could be the reason for the limited 25kml/15mph speed. I'm not a expert on the DRV firmware I just can only give my opinion as to why your DRV is different then my DRV.
michachael

Postby michachael Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:29 am

I also Noticed your DRV # is 5.5.1, mine is v1.3.6. That could be your issue. DRV # is referred to as the Master Control Firmware Number. Offical Ninebot scooters DRV start with v0. So Mine is v0.1.3.6 while the latest firmware update through the Segway app is v0.1.5.1 or v1.5.1. That DRV # you have could be related to what firmware they use for the scooters they use for rentals like Bird and Skip. If that's the case then that could be the reason for the limited 25kml/15mph speed. I'm not a expert on the DRV firmware I just can only give my opinion as to why your DRV is different then my DRV.
It's a custom firmware which I installed from http://ninebot.scooterhacking.org, and I ticked the box 'Version spoofing: Makes the version number higher to prevent updates from the Ninebot app'. This replaces the 1.5.1 to 5.5.1, so that the app doesn't update and overwrite your custom firmware. I currently have downgraded to 1.3.6 with speed 34km/h and motor power 49000 (yes, without the version spoofing, just to see what happens), and it remains going to max 25-27km/h. It's a completely new, legally purchased ES2Lite (as said, with SN changed to ES4, etc).

When both batteries are fully charged, I am hitting 26-27km/h. I feel like the scooter wants to go higher but there is a slight automatic brake every now and then, preventing the scooter to go faster. It's like there is a software limit set at this speed. I even get 'pushed' a bit like in a rollercoast (brake-accelerate-brake-accelerate), however very very subtle, going from 25kmh to 26kmh, back to 25kmh, again to 26-27kmh, ...
Lothean
Site Admin

Postby Lothean Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:10 pm

It's a custom firmware which I installed from http://ninebot.scooterhacking.org, and I ticked the box 'Version spoofing: Makes the version number higher to prevent updates from the Ninebot app'. This replaces the 1.5.1 to 5.5.1, so that the app doesn't update and overwrite your custom firmware. I currently have downgraded to 1.3.6 with speed 34km/h and motor power 49000 (yes, without the version spoofing, just to see what happens), and it remains going to max 25-27km/h. It's a completely new, legally purchased ES2Lite (as said, with SN changed to ES4, etc).

When both batteries are fully charged, I am hitting 26-27km/h. I feel like the scooter wants to go higher but there is a slight automatic brake every now and then, preventing the scooter to go faster. It's like there is a software limit set at this speed. I even get 'pushed' a bit like in a rollercoast (brake-accelerate-brake-accelerate), however very very subtle, going from 25kmh to 26kmh, back to 25kmh, again to 26-27kmh, ...
for the third time on the forum, FLASH FULLDUMP ON ESC WITH ST LINK!
michachael

Postby michachael Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:48 pm

for the third time on the forum, FLASH FULLDUMP ON ESC WITH ST LINK!
Sorry Lothean, I am not an expert and what you are saying is absolute Chinese to me. Fulldump? ESC? ST Link?
Deaofly

Postby Deaofly Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:16 pm

Here's the link to what he's talking about. I take it you need to do a full flash using this method.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15

Return to “Ninebot ES and E-series”