How to dump the BMS of your Ninebot Max / G30

romano

How to dump the BMS of your Ninebot Max / G30

Postby romano Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:49 pm

Hi there,

Here is a quick tutorial in order to get a full dump of your Ninebot G30 - Max scooter BMS.
You need a ST-Link in SWIM mode (not SWD mode) because the chip is a STM8 family one.

Let's go :
  • Remove the battery case from the deck, screws are alongside the metal box
  • Remove the top cover of the waterproof case, there is a small black silicon seal. You can use thin flat screwdriver or a blade
  • Unscrew all the screws between accus and hidden by white silicon
  • Gently pull the accus packs from the waterproof case
  • Remove the grey plastic from the BMS
Here you can see one side of the BMS PCB:
back bms.jpg
back bms.jpg (1.69 MiB) Viewed 21521 times
And here is the wiring scheme :
pinout bms max2.jpg
pinout bms max2.jpg (1.95 MiB) Viewed 21521 times
You can use STVP https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stvp-stm32.html

Click on read all tab (green arrow on the right) and click on Saves As for Program Memory and Data Memory:

You should get 2 files that together form the full dump of your BMS.
Big things have small beginnings.
damoak

Re: How to dump the BMS of your Ninebot Max / G30

Postby damoak Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:00 pm

Is there anyway you can share your BMS bin ? I have LYFT BMS battery It shutdown with in 10 sec while riding the scooter .
Dabbin&scooting

Postby Dabbin&scooting Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:34 pm

So download the link connected to the board from battery nothing happens .where do I get the bms file ? Has anyone actually had any success on the lyft scooter on flashing it after the bms .really havnt read any thing on Lyft max besides just this .hope to get some good news on gettn this scooter so once you flash bms do you continue on like the spin scooter flash dash board and control board ? Thanks ..
CapnBio

Postby CapnBio Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:47 pm

Is there any way to do this without opening up the casing and taking everything apart?
Unicycle Santa

Postby Unicycle Santa Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:25 am

Is there any way to do this without opening up the casing and taking everything apart?
Nope!
cafepc

Postby cafepc Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:57 am

Hello everyone,

I am new to this scooter hacking and appreciate any help.

I also have a Lyft Max scooter which I am trying to convert to personal use. Did anyone have any luck on flashing the BMS ? Do I need to dump the BMS then edit some value or just flash a original retail version of BMS ? Where would I find a copy of the retail version of BMS ?
iankscorpio69

Postby iankscorpio69 Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:31 pm

Wouldn't it be nice if someone could explain the why, and not just the how to. I also like the way the questions all but the dumbest one go unanswered.
CDogg

Postby CDogg Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:29 am

Wouldn't it be nice if someone could explain the why, and not just the how to. I also like the way the questions all but the dumbest one go unanswered.
When this post was originally started, rental conversion to personal wasn't dependent on the bms flash to start using the scooter. The only reason people would do it was for other reasons, like using it for a different scooter or maybe a mod like dual motors or dual batteries, where you could modify the bms to better suit your needs. Now, with this new bms firmware, it directly affects the esc and ble causing you to restore a factory bms firmware before you can really use the scooter.
Indzel

Postby Indzel Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:51 pm

Hi all,

Does the BMS134 firmware also require handshake or whatever is going to keep the battery turned on?
I am trying to repurpose the battery for something else, but it seems such a waste to replace decent BMS just because of that.

I was also looking for information on the communication protocol, but without success. Most of the time its opposite - people want to use custom batteries and need to emulate the original bms to the scooter to get rid of error messages and see the batt. level.

R.

Return to “Ninebot Max”